Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

Mazda Verisa/Mazda 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Default Mazda Verisa/Mazda 2

Why does the light(a car on top of 2 zigzag lines) come on the dash board while driving my Mazda Verisa. Sometimes I may drive for long without it showing up but most times it shows up followed up by the hold light flashing. After driving for some distance, the hold light stops flashing but the car ontop of zig zag lines only goes off when I switch off the engine. I noted immediately the light comes on, the check engine light also comes on. I need assistance to avoid my engine stalling.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Thats the traction control indicator light, and if I understand your description of the symptoms (coming on/staying on for no reason) it seems to be faulty. Time for a trip to the dealer.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Default Mazda Verisa

Thanks Virginia for the feedback.
Should the traction control light(a car on top of zig zag lines) stay on through the journey once its activated or it should go off immediately the wheels regains the correct friction with the road.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

The light should go off as soon as its not needed any longer. re: As soon as the wheels regain acceptable traction again.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Default Mazda Verisa

Thanks Virgin1!
1. When the traction system is activated, does it usually cause "check engine light" to illuminate?
Immediately the traction indicator light comes on when I am accelerating or taking a corner, the check engine light also comes on. Is this normal?

2. Can a dirty aircleaner cause the traction system to misbehave and cause the "check engine light" to illuminate?

Old 11-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

I highly doubt it.
I was driving a Mazda6 sedan one day when a car pulled out directly in front of me @ speed (60-65mph to be as precise as possible.) I had to swerve very hard to miss it. I noticed the traction control light for just a second, then it went out. No CEL at all.
This is why I am suggesting a bigger problem. And no, I don't believe the air filter would have anything to do with it.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Default Mazda Verisa

Swerving at such a speed and the light coming on for a second. That explains to me that mine is faulty. Thanks

My other question was whether a very dirty air filter can cause the check engine light to come on at the dash board

Old 11-23-2009, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mukabi1
my other question was whether a very dirty air filter can cause the check engine light to come on at the dash board
v v v
Originally Posted by virgin1

i highly doubt it.
I was driving a mazda6 sedan one day when a car pulled out directly in front of me @ speed (60-65mph to be as precise as possible.) i had to swerve very hard to miss it. I noticed the traction control light for just a second, then it went out. No cel at all.
This is why i am suggesting a bigger problem. and no, i don't believe the air filter would have anything to do with it.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:13 PM

Hi
I took my Mazda for diagnosis today and the only error code that came up was "P0715 Input/Turbine Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction"
I had serviced the car two weeks and the only part I never changes was the air filter. Right now its very dirty and am wondering whether it could be the one causing this error. Please advice.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

The air filter might be causing the CEL issue.
Perhaps I read too much into your first post? I was under the impression that the Trac control light and CEL came on together and went off after shutting off the car for a time. Is that correct?
If I am mistaken and the lights are coming on independently of each other, either way if the air filter is dirty, it needs to be cleaned or replaced. Dirt passing through it, or choking the volume of air that is supposed to come through it might cause a MAF sensor malfunction. You may need to clean or replace your MAF sensor, but if you don't know what you're doing my advice would be DON'T!!
MAF's are sensitive little creatures that need care and someone w/a heavy hand may do more harm than good.

Quick Reply: Mazda Verisa/Mazda 2