General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Front end problems with '04 tribute - h e l p!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Default Front end problems with '04 tribute - h e l p!!!!!

Hi, I am having problems with the front end in my 2004 Mazda Tribute and have had the vehicle to the dealer on several occasions, also paid over $1,500 to have front end issues fixed and vehicle is still making a noise like something down there is loose on both sides. I have had all tire rods replaced as well as the stuts to no avail! The dealer fixed the struts in November/December 2010 and I have been back there maybe three times since since the front end is still making noise and as stated prior sounds like something is loose. The dealer tells me that everything is fine and tight and that I may need bushings on both sides, but I just don't think that bushings would rattle around down there. Now I am a female and also not a mechanic, but that is just my opinion after years of having cars and car issues. So, after being looked at and talked to at the dealer like I am "nuts" and/or hearing or feeling things, I had the car looked at by my local Goodyear who I've dealt with before who told me it was the struts or top piece of the struts making the noise. However, the dealer still says it is the bushings and I don't even know if they reexamined the struts they put in. I also went to Mineke to have a muffler strap replaced and had them look at the front end and they also told me that everything was tight and their opinion was that the noise and vibration/banging noise was coming from the top piece of the strut. Problem is I can't get anything in writing without paying for them to take the strut apart. I was thinking of going to another dealer but I don't think that since the car is no longer under warranty that they would warantee another dealer's work. Does anyone have any suggestions since I am currently at my wits end with the front end problems in my 2004 Mazda Tribute! Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Bonnie