General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Mazda Canada Customer Service Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Exclamation Mazda Canada Customer Service Issue

Hello,

Can anyone give me a name at Mazda Canada to talk about the issue below. I sent the email below and chased it with no response. Looking for any help.

Thanks,

John

Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 8:34 AM
To: 'MCIEP@mazda.ca'
Subject: RE: Service Request 1-308253552

Hello Zohra,

Vin #: XYXYXYYXYXYXX

Dealer: Bank Street Mazda

Recall: 2014 Mazda6 SBS-MRCC System concern

The reason you were given for the wait :

Wednesday June 15, I phoned Bank Street Mazda and booked my appointment for the recall update +oil change +routine maintenance

Friday June 17 08:00, I took it in and having had delays during previous service appointments, I walked to the local coffee shop to do emails.
10:00, I called for status update and was told that my car was ready and I could come back and get it. I walked back to Bank Street to be told it wasn't actually ready and in fact they recommended that I needed 4 new tires. The service team had rotated the tires and done the oil change, but didn't tell me until I walked back that I needed new tires. In other words they had rotated tires that now had to be taken off anyway. I was given prices for the tires and was told that they actually didn't have any of the recommended ones in stock so it would be an hour to get them delivered. I asked to have the car back so I could go and fill the hour with doing errands (wash the car) while I was waiting. When I took the car I noticed that the red warning light for the computer system was still on.
12:00noon, When I came back, after washing the car, I was told that the technician who had tried to do the recall work wasn't trained to perform the work, and that the only technician who really knew how to do it was on holiday.... and the fact that my appointment was specifically for this recall (the initial reason for bringing it in) had 'fallen between the cracks'.

14:00, After I waited for the tires to appear and get put on, I finally left the service station - 6 hours after I had arrived. The reason for my visit, fixing of the safety recall, wasn't done so I still had no collision avoidance or cruise control and it had taken 6 hours to do an oil change and change 4 tires. I was given a very miniscule financial break on the tires and the alignment but that still came to just under $1000. I couldn't book an appointment to have the recall fixed the following week as the technician was again away the following week. Another week with no cruise control or collision avoidance.
The car was rebooked for Tues 28th Jun and I was told I would get a free rental for use during the time of servicing.
Status: 1.2hours of drive time to/from service station + 6 hours at service station, $1000 bill = car still broken.

Tuesday June 28 08:00, I arrived at Bank Street Mazda to drop my car off and pick up the expected rental vehicle. I was told the rental guy was on his way to pick me up. I sat and waited for half an hour.
0830, the rental guy finally showed up and then took me on a tour of other car places while he picked up other renters.
09:00 I finally got to the rental place, which was a 10 min walk from Bank Street Mazda. I was then shown the compact car I was being offered and told that I had to pay for the insurance. I explained that Mazda was covering the rental vehicle and they said that Bank Street Mazda didn't cover insurance and that I couldn't take the car without the insurance. I tried to explain that my own personal insurance coverage extended over rental vehicles however they refused to accept it. I then phoned Bank Street Mazda and explained the issue, and they confirmed that they indeed would not cover any insurance coverage. I then walked back past Bank Street Mazda back to the 'usual' coffee shop I had been to during servicing.

10:00 I called Bank Street Mazda for status and again reinforced that I needed my car ready by 11:30 to make my business meeting.
While I was at the coffee shop I phoned into the meetings I was going to attend and I explained why I wasn’t there in person. I work for a 70,000 person IT firm and the team I lead is 1400 people. My email explaining that Mazda couldn't fix my car which is why I couldn't be there in person has garnered quite a few responses and questions back to me about my Mazda and Mazda in general.
I called Bank Street Mazda a few times as we headed towards the 11:30 deadline. I was told the technician was in the car park working on it or was out for a test drive.

11:00, I decided to walk back to Bank Street Mazda. Status give was that my car would be ready any minute.

11:25 I cancelled my business meeting.

12:30 I was told that Bank Street Mazda couldn't fix my car. The technicians had tried everything they knew to do, they didn't know what else to try. I said that I wasn't happy taking it away yet again with the safety concerns. This was a car that was leased directly from them, maintained by them, which had a safety recall they couldn't fix. Their response was to offer me a rental vehicle.

13:-00, I asked if the rental vehicle was coming.
13:30 I was picked up by the same rental guy from the morning (the same guy who works at the rental place that I walked back from earlier in the day... a 10 min walk away).
13:45, Once at the rental place, I was told that the rental car being provided needed to be washed. I asked for it to be equivalent somewhat to my Mazda 6, not the mini/compact I had been offered in the morning
14:00 I was on the road.

Status: Another 1.2hours of drive time to/from service station + another 6 hours at service station = I had been at Bank Street Mazda, or the coffee shop nearby, for 12 hours for this recall, and drive 2.4 hours to/from the station without a fix and with $1000 less in my wallet

Wed June 29th 17:00, I was called by the Bank Street Mazda Service manager and told my car was fixed and that I had to come in the next day to pick it up and bring in the rental vehicle.
I then had to adjust my Canada Day long weekend plans to get the rental back to them and get my car back, as I wasn’t planning to drive into Ottawa, as I live 35 mins south of the Bank Street Mazda location.

Thurs June 30 08:00 I went back to Bank Street Mazda, gave in the rental keys and got my Maxda6 keys. When I got into my car and started it, I immediately saw the same low tire pressure warning alert. I went back in and discussed with the Service Manager. I was told that one of my rims was damaged, so it was really a rim/tire issue and not a computer warning issue. The Bank Street Mazda service department had just put the 4 new tires on the car days earlier for just under $1000, back onto those exact rims.....and this was never mentioned!!!

As you can see I am incredibly disappointed. Mazda has a strong brand and I have enjoyed my 2014 Mazda, however, from both a customer service and a maintenance issue this car has been nothing buy a disaster. This car was leased from Bank Street Maxda, it has been maintained by Bank street Mazda and I now view it as a liability.
My lease is due in Mar 2017. At the moment I don't see any reason to go with Mazda again, nor would I recommend any friend or colleague to do so.

John