General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

millenia s replaced supercharger, stalling, smoke

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Angry millenia s replaced supercharger, stalling, smoke

hi, im working on my friends 97 mazda millenia s. he thought his supercharger was bad so he had me put in a used one he bought. put it in, car is still acting the same. its makeing a loud clanking noise and it gets louder the higher the rpms. and when the car warms up, and the idle drops to around 800rpms the clanking noise gets loud right before it stalls out..so he brought it to the shop and they said its probably a bad supercharger and he exchanged his for another one. put it in for him, seems to rev fine(before the revs went up really slow no matter how much gas u press in) then a minute later it started acting up again, clanking noise and everything, i didnt noticed this before but the intercooler and the connecting pipes were really hot. saw some smoke from the engine bay also. im thinking the engine is bad, when i pulled the valve cover breather off there was puffs of white smoke coming out of it. smelled like fuel and exhaust. havent checked but theres probably oil in the intercooler pipes as well( last supercharger caused alot of oil to go into the piping