General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No dashlight in mazda protege 2002

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Unhappy No dashlight in mazda protege 2002

hi i'm new in here and i have a question and need you guy help me out. i have changing the Cd player in to mazda protege2002 and i don't know why after i changing it everything work perfectly except the dashlight there are no light and now i can't drive my car at night. But when i install i don't touch anything in the dashlight or can i have a wiring problem and please help me figure out thanks

Old 08-10-2009, 05:27 PM

Its sounds to me like you have blown a fuse . Or you have wired the c.d player in to the vehicle incorrectly , i think its just going to be a blown fuse . Inspect all the fuses in the fuse box located inside the vehicle.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:36 PM

sorry and do you know how many fuse boxe that's have inside the car cause i have check all the fuse but seem every thing is fine to me.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:33 PM

Here are the possibilities:
1. You left a connector disconnected.
2. You left a ground disconnected.
3. You blew a fuse.
4. You burned out the dimmer control potentiometer.

There is only one fusebox inside the car; it is near the driver's side door. You state they "seem everything fine to me". That's not good enough. You have to measure continuity with an ohmeter because a blown fuse cannot be reliably determined visually.
There are also fuses in the engine compartment in the fusebox located near the battery, just beside the air cleaner. To be sure, you should also test those. Both fuse boxes have the fuse location, function, and rating identified on the underside of the cover.
If you have burned out the dimmer potentiometer, this will usually result in it a roughness you can feel when operating it.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:50 AM

MMmmmmmm ok , well in that case it can only be a wiring fault . Are you 100% SURE you have checked the 15amp room fuse????? if thats not ok check the fuse box under the hood the BTN fuse i think its called . Im sure its something silly , it can only be two possible faults , you have blown a fuse or your DiY skills arent up to scratch ( no offence) . Let us know what you find please. Like Oldeng said check the dimmer potentiometer see if that makes a change .

Old 09-04-2009, 11:49 PM

sory to busy for the school can't tell what's going on. I have already check the BTN fuses it still working fine and i have go to the junk yard looking for the same odemeter put in my car but it still not working. when i installing the cd player the connector that coming with the cd player have 13 wires but the female connecter that i bought they have only 12 wires and in my car now i still have 1 wiring left and that's one was the illumination, i don't know is it because of that's wiring that i don't have a light. and the dimmer potentiometer i have check and it still workng fine. i hope you guy can help me figure this problem. thanks

Old 09-05-2009, 10:09 AM

If you put together two connectors that were not a mating pin-to-pin compatible set,
(presumably without a wiring instruction sheet), not only are you in the dark, I am too.
If you're very lucky you might find the CD maker's site has the info you need, or you can phone him for help. Failing that, maybe a car audio entertainment shop can fix your problem. Good luck.