General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Transmission Problem???????

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Default Transmission Problem???????

Greetings everyone,
I am a new member to this site and am very grateful to have an opportunity to ask my fellow Mazda Owners for assistance on two peculiar problems I seem to be experinecing with my 1995 Mazda Eunos 500:
(1) When I put my foot on the brake, the beeping sound which is normally only made when I'm either reversing or have the driver door open becomes apparent. I have noted that the Reverse gear light on the dashboard lights up when I press the brake pedal while driving along, which seems to indicate that the electronic circuitary for the car's transmission system is mistaking the braking action for a change into the reverse gear. But as to how I go about solving this problem other than taking the car into a transmission expert to analyse is beyond me.

(2) Secondly, when reaching 100km/hr, the car doesn't seem to automatically change into a higher gear like it previously did when driving in the D Gear, and instead behaves as if it was going up a steep hill in the L Gear. In other words, it seems to struggle to reach speeds higher than 100km/hr, unless I really put my foot down on the accelerator (both this issue and the above problem occured at the same time which makes me suspicious that they're linked to a malfunctioning with the automatic transmission system, but at this point, I'm still guessing as to what the root cause of the problems may be). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Nicholas Lau aka frogman