General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Where to Submit Shortcomings WRT Navigation?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 10:13 AM
Default Where to Submit Shortcomings WRT Navigation?

When I find something wrong with the navigation system how does one let Mazda know? For example, I used the GPS to guide me home from the dentist. It wanted me to make a left turn where left turns were prohibited. Also, can someone explain the logic in finding things like my grocery store? One has to drill down in points of interest to "Shopping" then "Food and drink" to get to grocery stores???!!! Food and drink to get to groceries. Something must have been lost in translation from Japanese? I would have thought groceries would be a major subcategory? It really doesn't matter as it still could not find my grocery store on Carlisle Rd in York PA. The navigation system on my Mazda is worse than the one I had on my 2015 Highlander. I would have thought that Japanese car companies would have invested more in the states to make the navigation system more robust.

Old 10-24-2020, 06:55 AM

Sadly if you were in the new Mazda3 or CX-30, not only all the frustrations you list, you would have to stop to do it. I think you can now use your phone while driving and upload the directions from there. Imagine trying to find a gas station at the next exit and not being able to drive and find where to go at the same time. I am done venting....

I think all manufacturers are nearly done developing navigation systems. My bet is that in less then 5 years the only options will be phone based. Let the experts in the systems provide that and car manufacturers provide the best interface to it possible.

I haven’t found a way to report errors. The worst I found is the one way loop through a 2000 unit retirement community in the system as 2 way. Imagine the possible problems with that.

By the way, I will be in your area in about an hour to vote.

Old 10-24-2020, 09:34 AM

I voted on Wednesday. And here's another shortcoming that I didn't mention. The Mazda GPS could not find 28 E Market Street in York (the county office building) Very sad.

Old 07-13-2022, 07:45 AM

I haven’t tried this myself, but it sounds like a good thing to try before buying a new SD card.

Last edited by marcomurabia; 07-13-2022 at 08:48 AM.