Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

B2600i Cruise Control kit for A/T but I have M/T

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 01:05 AM
Default B2600i Cruise Control kit for A/T but I have M/T

I just bought a Cruise Control kit (Mazda Factory parts) on Ebay, and the only one available is for an Automatic Transmission.
I have a 1990 B2600i with a Manual Transmission, and I also have the Mazda Shop manual that lists all the parts in the Factory Cruise Control. I can't see any difference between Automatic Transmission Cruise Control and the Manual Transmission, other than it uses the Clutch switch instead of the Neutral switch to disenguage if needed.

Does anyone know of a definite difference between the kits here? Is there any parts that will not work or that I will have to buy separately to make this work?

Tom Brodrick

Old 05-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Default RE: B2600i Cruise Control kit for A/T but I have M/T

There should be no difference other than what you stated. I would make sure to fab up a switch for the clutch pedal and you should be ready to go.

Old 05-29-2006, 05:56 PM

Thanks my friend.

I got the whole kit for $46.00 plus $17 for shipping. As long as the cruise control unit (computer) is the same, I should be in pretty good shape.
Since there is a switch already on the clutch pedal to prevent engauging the starter with the clutch out, I wonder if the Cruise control can use the same switch? The book doesn't really differentiate between that switch and any other switch. It just calls it the "Clutch Switch".

Geez I hope this thing works. I've been fighting a crappy aftermarket Cruise control since I bought the truck 13 years ago, and have always dreamed of having a factory one.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:59 AM

I'm learning about my folly now. Turns out, there is a wiring harness that is not included with the A/T kit. This harness provides all connections between brake pedal, clutch, actuator and Cruise Control Computer. The A/T truck has all of these connectors already included in it's wiring, but the M/T truck does not.

I went to the Mazda dealer looking for this Harness (p/n UE55-76-330) and it's not available. Not sure what I'm going to do at this point.

Oh well, at least I didn't spend too much on the kit.

Scratch that, The dealer got back to me today, and they CAN get the wiring harness. One catch, it's only available in Japan, and they want $163.00 plus $30 for shipping. My great deal is turning into an expensive deal, but hey, it's a factory cruise control... right?

My truck has 183,000 miles on it, and is still in great shape. Since I will be driving many more miles in it, I might as well make it nice.

I could use a new drivers seat though.