Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

BT50 Turbo 3.2 front floor wet where is the leak

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2023, 08:47 PM
Post BT50 Turbo 3.2 front floor wet where is the leak

Hi, Can someone please help me. My BT50 Mazda turbo 3.2 has a wet floor at the passenger and drivers side under the front seats. Its not the heater or anything like the AC system. Just want to know where it may be coming from.

Old 02-11-2023, 12:26 PM

These trucks are not sold in the North American market, so I can't comment on where your leak may be coming from, since I don't know what the truck even looks like. I hope others on this forum that are familiar with the BT50 can help you. Sorry, and welcome to the forums.

Old 02-15-2023, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

What have you done to rule out coolant or the AC condensation drain?

I would sit in the cabin with a torch and get someone to hose down the cab, top, front, side, rear and underneath so you can look for the leak.

Old 02-15-2023, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
What have you done to rule out coolant or the AC condensation drain?
I'm not the one with the issue, but just yesterday I knocked off the condensate drain on my '88 B2200, had something in the floor area/seat. So it can happen. Even with a hose clamp on it.

Old 02-22-2023, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cusser
I'm not the one with the issue, but just yesterday I knocked off the condensate drain on my '88 B2200, had something in the floor area/seat. So it can happen. Even with a hose clamp on it.
I've had that hose get knocked loose a time or two from the nipple on the bottom of the evaporator.
I learned that I shouldn't tell my wife to stop kicking the hose loose with her big feet.

Old 02-22-2023, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mazdooratti
I've had that hose get knocked loose a time or two from the nipple on the bottom of the evaporator.
I learned that I shouldn't tell my wife to stop kicking the hose loose with her big feet.
I learned that I shouldn't tell my wife to stop kicking speaker grille on that side. She and my kids over the years have broken a few, why I picked up some spares at the parts yard a decade ago. And those glue back together very well with Duro Cement.

Old 02-22-2023, 04:51 PM

I learned that I shouldn't tell my wife to stop kicking speaker grille on that side. She and my kids over the years have broken a few, why I picked up some spares at the parts yard a decade ago. And those glue back together very well with Duro Cement.
I have twice replaced those little 4" x 4" speakers and they still sound ****ty. I feel like leaving them out along with the grills & just stuffing insulation in the holes. I can sing songs better than those speakers sound.

Old 02-23-2023, 09:12 AM

I have replaced the 4" speakers at least twice in the 28 years I've had my 1988. They do dry out and age.

On my 1998 Frontier the cones had completely disintegrated due to age and heat.

Old 02-23-2023, 09:01 PM

I have replaced the 4" speakers at least twice in the 28 years I've had my 1988. They do dry out and age.

On my 1998 Frontier the cones had completely disintegrated due to age and heat.
Interesting, I can see how the heat would ruin speakers. I also know that heat kills engines (especially if a 207 degree thermostat is used in B2000 & 2200 trucks, instead of a 180 degree). Wudda ya think - (Lead-Foot)

Old 02-24-2023, 07:32 AM

No rust here in Arizona desert, amazing - but rubber, plastics, paint just doesn't last.....

Quick Reply: BT50 Turbo 3.2 front floor wet where is the leak