Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

Stranded looking for insight 86 b2000

Search this Thread

Old Today, 06:28 PM
Default Stranded looking for insight 86 b2000

Hey , my girls truck broke down in Jacksonville just stalled out while driving cranks but won’t start . thanks to the wonderful people here and on YouTube I was able to replace the carb , they put a Rochester 2 jet carb from a 77 Chevy truck or something in it . I need to get out of Jacksonville so I bought a cheap Amazon carb the old one wasn’t for the car and the original Weber adapter plates snapped so did all that . found oil in the Ignition coil plugs and corrosion and more oil in my other wires even in the distributor cap itself opened the distributor there was a lot of oil in there it was stil wet and fresh , pulled the ignition module out and tested it it tested higher than spec for resistance got a new one day of but the the thing that connects to the module was so brittle it fell apart as soon as I touch it . I tried my best to rebuild it and put it all back together. It cranks better got a backfire from the carb and smoke shot out the back but then lost all spark . I replaced the valve cover gasket bc oil was coming from there directly to the distributor and the distributor had no gaskets and all plastics parts are badly eroded very brittle so you can see directly into it . Buying a new one asap but was just wondering is their anything I’m missing is my timing super off because I messed with the distributor too much but would that cause it not to turn over ?

sorry for the length

Amazon carb did not come with throttle assembly had to improvise ordering correct one too.