Mazda CX-3 Engineered with breakthrough SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY, the CX-3 subcompact crossover delivers unmatched driving dynamics right alongside outstanding fuel economy.

Vibration over 130km/h

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2020 | 11:33 AM
|
Exclamation Vibration over 130km/h

Hi all,

Last Friday my Mazda went for repair due to a "check engine light", the Code was P0011 - "A" Camshaft Position - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1), the car had much less power. As my car is still in the warranty period, the replaced the faulty sensor with no costs. When I went to the highway, a vibration started around 130km/h (this vibration was not there before the repair). I took it to Mazda again and they proceed with a tire rebalance, as they said they were unbalanced, for which I had to pay, and they said the vibration should be fixed now. As soon as I left, I went to test the car and the vibration was still there at high speeds (I was not using the brakes when the vibration starts). I increased the RPMs with the car stopped, but no vibration. Anyone has any idea of what it can be? I am taking the car to mazda again.

Thanks.

Old 03-10-2020 | 12:57 PM

The repair you had done should have in no way created a vibration as you described. All tire/wheel technically would show needing to be balanced for a number of reasons. I would have asked for the balance sheet before and after the balance for a comparison. I would have also asked them to at least visually look for wheel run-out.

At this point you most likely will need to take it either back to who did the work for a complete suspension inspection or a tire/brake/alignment shop for a more specified quality inspection to find the cause of your vibration which sounds like chassis/suspension and not running gear problem.

Old 03-10-2020 | 01:32 PM
|

I never had any kind of vibration before the repair, even if the tires were unbalanced. So that's why I am pointing for something they might have done during the sensor repair. Because in my point of view, if I had no problem before they put their hands in my car, it should be their entire responsability to find and fix the issue, but I guess they might try to find issues where I have to pay.

Thanks for the reply, it makes sense.

Old 03-10-2020 | 03:16 PM

The "slim" possibility and I do mean slim is to look carefully for anything that appears to be a clean scratch , dent or impact under and around any wheel or suspension part primarily in the front end that may have been caused by not properly securing a jack stand,floor jack or hoist/lift or running into a parking cement stop. And then I wish you luck to show proof they did it?

The one thing you can do is to try rotating your tire wheels position and see if the vibration gets worse or better? Naturally the question is did they simply remove one wheel, re-balance it and place it back in the same location of the car or mark all 4 remove them re-balance and then rotate them properly? YUP....... such-a Pandora's Box now to find that vibration and its cause ...... I would also look to see if new weights or old weights removed during the re-balance? Many shops will simply add or subtract from weights by moving only what is needed or add new weights leaving the old ones on? The better way and I would IMHO is to remove ALL old weights and balance from scratch. buts just me.

I do repeat that the procedure service you had them do would not have caused a high speed unbalance of the tire and wheels.