Mazda CX-30 The place to discuss the newest compact SUV addition to Mazda's lineup.

battry drain and fuses

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2024 | 12:14 PM
|
Default battry drain and fuses

This sounds bogus, but this what I heard. I am searching for a battery drain. After I pull a fuse do I have wait for the car to go to sleep again? This sounds strange. Is there any test I can perform, (check current draw maybe) to be sure the car is asleep?

Old 10-04-2024 | 01:06 PM

It helps to post your vehicles information just as you would on a service write up.
Year
trim
miles
last service done and what specifically was it

So not knowing the specific about what Mazda you are asking about if it is a Skyactiv (the model tell me it is, but I am making a point) then you are going about the trouble shooting incorrectly.

My advice if you are starting off this way you really don't have the knowledge to diagnose a possible electrical drain on a Mazda electrical system of that type. You would be better and safer to pay a service shop to at least trouble shoot it and then yu can decide if you are capable or correcting the issue.

Also, the very first thing before attempting any trouble shooting on well... any electrical system is to load test the battery and first confirm that it is not bad. A battery that starts the engine and may hold 12.50 at rest does not mean it is good and if it is going bad can give you the idea that you have an electrical drain when in reality it is simply a bad battery.

A simple Digital volt/ohm meter can do basic electrical system trouble shooting. It can also measure any electrical circuit that is using power to maintain normally active after engine and ignition is shut off systems and or circuits. It requires an electrical system schematic of the exact year and model to see what these ignitions off circuits that need constant power are.

Last edited by Callisto; 10-04-2024 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-04-2024 | 07:38 PM
|

2021 CX30. Have tested battery and alternator. Alternator is fine. Battery shows a drain. Trying to locate drain, have schematic of fuses and what they protect. Also have a wiring diagram. Like I said, I heard this and found it hard to beleive. How long does it take a CX-30 to go to sleep, and waht does pulling the fuses have to do with it,

Old 10-04-2024 | 11:25 PM

It’s always funny when a member starts a thread asks for help and disregards the information to help them..

Good luck with your problem solving