Mazda CX-30 The place to discuss the newest compact SUV addition to Mazda's lineup.

Colour colour which colour do I choose??

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 01:53 AM
Default Colour colour which colour do I choose??

Hi all,

I am on the verge of making a purchase of the CX-30 and am super confused about what colour to go ahead with. I am torn between the White and the Machine Grey at the moment.

But, after looking at a few demo cars on the lot, I noticed with the Machine Grey minor scratches pop up pretty evidently on the external body as well as dust too is very obvious. And hence feel like it will be tough to maintain in the long run.

The White on the other hand seems to avoid these issues (minor scratches are hidden as well as dust) and feel like it will hold good resale value 3-5 years down the line.

Would be interested to hear from owners of the Machine Grey/ white CX30s, how has your experience been and would you have chosen any differently?

Any advice and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:33 AM

Your choice of color should be what you are going to be happy with personally. As for resale value the component of color effecting the value it changes to often and may not be the best way to choose a color. Dark colors traditionally will show less effects of dirt and minor scratches over normal driving, (they are equally there on tans and whites shades) so washing may be more of a routine on those darker colors over lighter whites and tans. You are going to be living with your choice likely for a few years so "Choose wisely" lol

Old 03-01-2022, 02:08 PM

Get the color you like, & if you are concerned with scratches/chips & general environmental damage to clearcoat/paint then get a ceramic coating or combination PPF & ceramic coating.

In my opinion the white on the CX-30 clashes too much with the thick, uniform black cladding, especially if the wheels aren't black also. Plus, white in general tends to look pretty generic & depending where you live extremely common. Here in Arizona, most cars are white.

I opted for the 2022 CX-30 AWD Carbon Edition on my recent Mazda purchase about a month ago, because I love how well the Polymetal Gray-Blue Metallic paint goes with the black cladding & black wheels, especially after I also blacked out the front grill chrome trim & lower side window chrome trim.