Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2014 CX-5: Iphone Bluetooth Messages?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Default 2014 CX-5: Iphone Bluetooth Messages?

I just bought the CX-5 and have no problems connecting my phone via bluetooth to use the phone or play music through the sound system. However, the bluetooth phone system is also supposed to be able to download your messages so it can read them to you. Every time I go through the Setup feature to Messages--> Download Messages I receive an error message "Message Download Failed. Please try again later."

I can't find anything about this issue in the owner's manual and since the car is relatively new, there isn't much online either.

Does anyone have any solutions, suggestions, etc.??

Thanks!

Old 06-16-2013, 09:20 AM

I'm working on the same problem with my new CX-5 GT and almost have it solved. Maybe we can figure this out together (I've talked to me dealer already, and he instantly went mute on me).

Go into iPhone Settings/Bluetooth/Mazda (don't click on the word 'Mazda' but on the little blue arrow to the right). Make sure 'Show Notifications' is turned on. Now that I've done that, there are no more failed download messages. The car 'says' its downloaded the messages, but of course there are none there. But it feels like progress somehow.

Another user suggested repairing the phone with this new setting, so that's what I'm trying next, and will report back. Let us know if you get it figured out!

Old 06-25-2013, 08:18 AM

I did the same thing and got the same result! It now says message download complete-- and randomly asks me if I want it to download a new incoming message-- but no messages appear anywhere.

I'll try the repairing next time I'm in my car too..let me know how that works for you? Not sure what else to try after that..

Old 06-29-2013, 08:41 AM

I have a Galaxy S3 and same thing was happening. I had to unpair and then reconnect. That worked for about 2 months then i repeated. Working again. Pathetic

Old 08-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Default Bluetooth Help

I have a 2013 Mazda 3 Hatch i G/T with the same Mazda bluetooth as in the CX-5 and Mazda 6. I also am a Mazda Master Certified Sales Consultant. I had issues with downloading my messages too, until I went to the Mazda Bluetooth site. The message download only works with certain phones. Go to the link below to check to see if your phone is compatible with the system for receiving text messages.

MazdaUSA - Vehicles - Bluetooth Hands-Free System

Unfortunately, at this time, the iPhone 5 is not compatible with the system. There may be an update forthcoming, but not entirely sure.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:52 AM

My phone is on the list and I do receive messages, MOST of the time but about once a month it just stops working for some reason. I have to unpair the devices then reconnect. Just a bad piece of equipment