Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2015 CX-5 TCS/TPMS lights and Start Button issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 04:43 PM
Default 2015 CX-5 TCS/TPMS lights and Start Button issues

Hello there! I have a 2015 CX-5 with about 64k miles on it. I was in Pittsburgh last weekend when the TPMS and TCS lights came on suddenly. The car had driven fine from Columbus, Ohio to Pittsburgh and around Pittsburgh. I was leaving Sunday afternoon and parked to go grab a coffee. When I got back in, the start button wouldn’t start the car. It just turned on all the electronics. I finally got the car started and the TPMS and TCS lights came on. I could not put the car into gear either until I pushed the TCS Off button. I drove to a gas station and added air to the tires, but only to 31psi. Lights were still on but I drove home ok. In the past week since, I’ve spoken to a Mazda mechanic and he told me to inflate the tires to 36psi, which I did yesterday. Both lights have been going on and off, while still having issues with the start button not starting the car. Today, the lights came on but as soon as I pressed the brake to put the car into reverse, the lights went off. It’s done that 3 times today. Along with the weird start button thing. I replaced the battery in my key fob on my dad’s advice and the car started just fine, no issue with the start button and no lights came on the dash. I really don’t want to have to take the car in to Mazda. I wondered if anyone has had these same issues before and what you guys did. I doubt me changing the battery on my key fob fixed the TPMS/TCS light. That probably just fixed the starting issue. For the record, it’s been in the low 60’s/mid 50’s here in Columbus the past few days.

My wife took this picture while we were driving home from Pittsburgh.

Old 10-23-2021, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Get the battery professionally tested.