Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2015 Mazda CX5 - Post Warranty Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 03:40 PM
Unhappy 2015 Mazda CX5 - Post Warranty Issues

Hello hello!

It's been a hot minute since I have been on here......so hopefully someone has had the same issue as me.

I have a 2015 CX-5 GT that I bought in 2016. Needless to say, my warranty is long gone lol.

I am now noticing the following problems with my Mazda that started the last 6 months or so, and I'm just wondering if this is normal?
  • Passenger Rear Window is loose in it's fitting and will not roll up all the way. When I do roll it up, it leaves a space between the top of the window frame of about 1.5-2 inches open. If I manually walk around and push it up it slides up about 1/2 an inch and feels very very loose in the fitting
  • Sunroof on the passenger side does not come down, so my sunroof now sits half open on the right. I looked as deep as I could without taking it off and do not see anything blocking it - no loose clips, no debris, etc. I will have to have another person help me push that side down since my T-Rex arms do not allow me to do the switch at the same time of pushing it down. I'm just wanting to be able to use my sunroof/moonroof since I live in AZ and the weather is perfect right now, but this seems like I might have to keep it closed and only move the sliding shade :-(.
  • Driver's side sunvisor does not stay up....I think this might just need a new clip, but the material on the sunvisor looks like it is starting to slip around it and become loose.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen? My baby is only 7 years old.....I came from driving all Toyotas my whole life and I was hoping that Mazda was as sturdy a Japanese auto maker.

Old 04-06-2022, 06:58 PM

How many miles? Is your car garaged? AZ can be rough on a car. Power window issues are common across the makes. Things just wear out over time. Maybe its time to get a good trade in and move up to a '22 CX-5 or CX-50?

Old 04-06-2022, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
How many miles? Is your car garaged? AZ can be rough on a car. Power window issues are common across the makes. Things just wear out over time. Maybe its time to get a good trade in and move up to a '22 CX-5 or CX-50?

No garage...we bought a house a couple of years ago in an area of Scottsdale where garages are rare because the houses were all built in the 60's. 75K plus some change.

Old 04-07-2022, 09:19 AM
CEB

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Yep....all manufacturers and vehicles have problems and issues whether they be 7 days, 7 weeks 7 months or 7 years old. Even the all mighty Toyota. A seven year old vehicle is no spring chicken. Most marriages fall apart before seven years.

Old 04-07-2022, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by CEB
Yep....all manufacturers and vehicles have problems and issues whether they be 7 days, 7 weeks 7 months or 7 years old. Even the all mighty Toyota. A seven year old vehicle is no spring chicken. Most marriages fall apart before seven years.

Haha...I've had one of those marriages happen (insert sarcastic laugh). This was my first non-Toyota vehicle...all of my 'Yotes lasted minimum 10 years with basic maintenance. Sigh......I love my Mazda but it might be time to let her go.

Old 04-07-2022, 05:44 PM
CEB

Originally Posted by DaniPhiSig
Haha...I've had one of those marriages happen (insert sarcastic laugh). This was my first non-Toyota vehicle...all of my 'Yotes lasted minimum 10 years with basic maintenance. Sigh......I love my Mazda but it might be time to let her go.
10 years Minimum??? 10years??? I just couldn't drive the same vehicle every day for 10 years or more. No offense but, didn't you get tired of looking at and driving that same vehicle for 10 straight years or more? To me.....new vehicles are a pleasure and a joy and much, much more than just something that gets you from point A to point B.
Please don't make the (stupid) comparison to a wife/husband or better half.

Old 04-08-2022, 06:32 AM

I think Seven years and only a few minor problems are no big deal? We own a Toyota Tacoma 2020 to tow our small trailer and its been nothing but trouble- I am glad it's a lease for sure.

But I have to agree I would get tired quickly of the same car for 7 years.. I have never made it past three on the same one yet.

Old 04-08-2022, 07:05 AM

If you really want to keep the car, do some research and find a good local independent garage. It won't be cheap, but once you have the issues resolved you will feel better about the car. If you find a garage that will install used parts a trip to a junkyard can save some money. As others have said, the Arizona sun can accelerate deterioration. In my younger, poorer days I used to make trips to junkyards with my tools to get parts. Insurance regulations have sadly made this a thing of the past, unless you know the owner. ;-)

Old 04-08-2022, 10:34 AM

It not that the op lives in Arizona or that the MAZDA if for the most part left outside! Problems don't happen as described over night; they should have been address asap when they were detected. Now unfortunately it will cost a little to get them fixed. I would shop craigs list for a person listing service work coming to your house. Get an estimate and also make sure he/she has body panel and parts installation expiree.

My parents lived in Tempe, did not have a garage and I know very well that if you keep the car cleaned and at least use a dash screen when pared the vehicle will age but will not have body fitment parts issues.

Old 04-13-2022, 09:47 AM

He isn't talking about "fitment" issues, he is talking about wear and tear and parts not working correctly (window/sunroof motors, etc). I can tell you for sure a car sitting out in 100F+ temps day in and day out is certainly going to degrade faster than a garaged example. In fact, I have an example of my own. My 2006 BMW M Roadster has been garage kept for its entire life. I still have all the original plastics on the car. This is extremely rare in the E85/86 world. The windshield cowls and rubber windshield surrounds disintegrate over time (mine are intact). The 3rd brake lights crack (mine is original). The center console plastics crack (mine are intact). So yes weather/storage conditions certainly play a role in how a car ages. So funny how you seem to be an "expert" on anything car related....

Quick Reply: 2015 Mazda CX5 - Post Warranty Issues