Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2015 Mazda CX5 - Post Warranty Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 10:09 AM
CEB

Originally Posted by chickdr19
He isn't talking about "fitment" issues, he is talking about wear and tear and parts not working correctly (window/sunroof motors, etc). I can tell you for sure a car sitting out in 100F+ temps day in and day out is certainly going to degrade faster than a garaged example. In fact, I have an example of my own. My 2006 BMW M Roadster has been garage kept for its entire life. I still have all the original plastics on the car. This is extremely rare in the E85/86 world. The windshield cowls and rubber windshield surrounds disintegrate over time (mine are intact). The 3rd brake lights crack (mine is original). The center console plastics crack (mine are intact). So yes weather/storage conditions certainly play a role in how a car ages. So funny how you seem to be an "expert" on anything car related....
Absolutely and without a doubt. (in my opinion) Keeping your vehicle garaged day and night (except when driven) is the best preventive maintenance you can perform for resale value. I will not own a vehicle other than a beater car if I cannot garage it day and night.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
He isn't talking about "fitment" issues, he is talking about wear and tear and parts not working correctly (window/sunroof motors, etc). I can tell you for sure a car sitting out in 100F+ temps day in and day out is certainly going to degrade faster than a garaged example. In fact, I have an example of my own. My 2006 BMW M Roadster has been garage kept for its entire life. I still have all the original plastics on the car. This is extremely rare in the E85/86 world. The windshield cowls and rubber windshield surrounds disintegrate over time (mine are intact). The 3rd brake lights crack (mine is original). The center console plastics crack (mine are intact). So yes weather/storage conditions certainly play a role in how a car ages. So funny how you seem to be an "expert" on anything car related....
naturally you have an example for everything... LOL

I never said anywhere that it would not "degrade" faster keeping it outside. You just see my response anywhere and read things into it I NEVER said. GO RE-READ IT AGAIN. You and I have been down this road so often on this forum now you are predictable.

And really dude YES I am pretty much an expert on vehicle related things... ya think?
I keep this in my signature so when some like you make commits to what I know. You have personally read this thread before.
Go read it again!
What do you do or have done for a living - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited by Callisto; 04-13-2022 at 10:27 AM.