Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2016 Mazda CX-5 ownership experience.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 03:25 AM
Default 2016 Mazda CX-5 ownership experience.

Hi everyone, I bought 2016 Mazda CX-5 2.2 diesel Automatic 176bhp AWD 9 months ago. So wanted to share my experience with you guys on what issues I had encountered and what I did to sort them out.

First of all car had 170k kilometers on clock when I bought it and had engine “rebuild” done in local dealership by previous owner.

*After driving car for a few weeks first issue that I had was SCBS (Smart City Braking System) fault. It came on out of nowhere and car went into safety mode until I turned car off and then on again. Turns out it was due to rear brakes worn out completely and electric handbrake motors being faulty. Replaced brake discs and pads and motors for electric handbrake.

When I bought car I knew I need new rear discs but didn’t knew it would cause SCBS fault to come up.

*Next was DPF filter clogging up. Well that was easy to deal with. DPF was removed and car remapped for better fuel economy and little bit more power. Before DPF issue car had crazy fuel consumption and lack of power. I mean it didn’t feel like 176bhp at all. It was showing 12/15 liters per 100k consumption. Now after DPF removal and remap car feels alive, after driving for a while car only consumes 8/9 liters per 100k in city and 7 on motorway at 120km/h speed. Plus I had Start/Stop function disabled as part of remap, it drove me nuts!

*Next I had Engine Faults coming up. Oil pressure low was the first one. That was due to clogged oil pick up in oil pan. I couldn’t believe that people that did rebuild in Dealership didn’t bother remove oil pan and clean that as well. Anyway after that was done. Issue was gone for a few weeks but then again same fault came on dashboard. After small online research and asking around figured out to try and use Mazda original oil and filter. Sounds weird but apparently it has some impact on how engine behaves if you put different oil even though other oil has same specs as original Mazda oil. After replacing oil issue hasn’t been seen again on dashboard.

*Next on list was P2262-00 error code. Engine light came on and that was the error that diagnostic tool read (Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Pressure Not Detected - Mechanical. - Not Current DTC - Warning Lamp On).

After digging through internet found out that it could be clogged MAP sensor and turns out it was completely full with black stuff. After cleaning issue have gone for a while now.

So this is my so far experience with my Mazda. Big thanks to this forum and I hope someone finds it interesting and or maybe helpful. Any questions just ask will try to answer as much as I can.