Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2017 CX5 Infotainment screen

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 02:03 AM
Default 2017 CX5 Infotainment screen

but it Hello,
I am a college student and my parents just bought me a 2017 cx5 as an early birthday present. I love the color, the interior materials, everything- however, the infotainment/Apple CarPlay screen is like messed up. It looks like someone never wiped up cleaning stuff but its dried onto the screen and I've tried water and soft microfiber and I think the screen film is damaged. I saw some people getting this fixed as a warranty, could I as well? I just got the car today but it has very low miles and this damage to the screen is kind of ridiculous. I am thinking of calling my dealer and having them help with warranty. Any help or guidance would be so so so appreciated thank you

Old 07-09-2020, 04:56 PM

Congrats on your CX-5!! Regarding your infotainment screen, it might be some manufacturing defect that is covered under warranty. Be advised though that the basic warranty is 3 years / 36K miles (whichever comes first). So make sure you are within these limits.

Old 07-09-2020, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by mazda_nc_dude
Congrats on your CX-5!! Regarding your infotainment screen, it might be some manufacturing defect that is covered under warranty. Be advised though that the basic warranty is 3 years / 36K miles (whichever comes first). So make sure you are within these limits.

Thank you! I still fit within the basic warranty, any advice on what to say to the service advisor? I will go next Monday and try to get this taken care of-I really don’t think a car this new should have damage like this

Old 07-09-2020, 08:38 PM

Call the dealer and make an appointment. Describe it as you see it. Play down the possibility that the prior owner did something. Just tell them the screen is not right and you want them to look at it.

Did your parents buy it from a dealership? If so that dealership should fix it even if it was the prior owner’s fault.

Make sure you thank your parents from time to time. A fairly new CX-5 is a great gift. It could help you get set in the world.

Old 11-25-2020, 08:27 PM
Exclamation Cleaning navigation screen

I bought a 2018 Mazda CX5 and noticed a lot of of water type spots on the infotainment display screen. I used an interior detailing cleaner safe for navigation screens and a soft microfiber towel to wipe clean the screen. Do not use alcohol or ammonia to clean the screen. After 2 cleanings all the spots disappeared.

Old 11-25-2020, 11:46 PM

You might try a glass cleaner with no ammonia. I've done that with
good results on display panels.

My 2¢