Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2020 CX5 HUD Speed Doesn't Stay

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 11:44 AM
Question 2020 CX5 HUD Speed Doesn't Stay

I just purchased a 2020 CX5 Signature. I love it, BUT I set the height of the speed display on the heads up display and the next time I drive it has fallen back to below where I set it. It seems to only occur after I have driven it and turn off the engine. Any advice?

Old 01-15-2021, 08:04 AM

The position of the heads up display is tied to the settings for the power seat. If you adjust the seat and the display and save that setting using the procedure outlined in the users manual, it will remember those settings. I have found that when shutting the car off the seat seems to return to some default position and I have to press the preset to get it into the right position. I think if you adjust the HUD without saving it, it will be OK while you are driving, but return to some default position upon shutting the car off. I am not 100% sure that is what is happening in your case but it sure sounds like it.

Try getting the seat and the HUD positions saved like you want then save them in the #1 position on the power seat memory using the procedure outlined in the book and see if that helps. Also I have found that you cannot adjust the seat using the preset if the car is not in PARK. You can manually adjust the seat on the move, but you cannot use the preset.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-20-2021, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by 9O.,NQi&
The position of the heads up display is tied to the settings for the power seat. If you adjust the seat and the display and save that setting using the procedure outlined in the users manual, it will remember those settings. I have found that when shutting the car off the seat seems to return to some default position and I have to press the preset to get it into the right position. I think if you adjust the HUD without saving it, it will be OK while you are driving, but return to some default position upon shutting the car off. I am not 100% sure that is what is happening in your case but it sure sounds like it.

Try getting the seat and the HUD positions saved like you want then save them in the #1 position on the power seat memory using the procedure outlined in the book and see if that helps. Also I have found that you cannot adjust the seat using the preset if the car is not in PARK. You can manually adjust the seat on the move, but you cannot use the preset.

Hope this helps.
See the owners manual on this. Look for the note at the bottom of the page that discusses position and seat memory

Old 02-08-2021, 12:23 PM

It’s important to note that setting the memory feature on the car seat is separate from setting the memory feature on the Key FOB. You have to set each one once you have adjusted your seating and HUD positions to your liking. To set the memory function:

1. Seat memory is set by pushing the set button on the seat and then immediately pressing one of the two memory buttons on the seat. A beep will be heard when the programming is successful.

2. The FOB memory is set by pushing the set button on the seat and then immediately pressing the door unlock button on the FOB being programmed. A beep will be heard when the programming is successful.

Should you change your seat position and/or HUD positions at a later time, you will need to repeat this process if you wish to keep those new settings.