Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2021 Cx-5 Nav

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 06:15 PM

Good deal!

Also I don't know why I didn't mention this before but Google Maps for iPhone and Android will let you download map data for offline use assuming you have space. I've got a good portion of Southern Wisconsin and Northern Illinois stretching from Madison and Milwaukee down to Rockford and Chicago that takes up about 425mb.

Old 01-04-2021, 06:19 PM

Yea, my daughter showed me that too. But sometimes we have experienced areas locally where there isn't cell phone service and the Car Play map becomes a blank grid. Not too helpful when you're looking for an address. So I thought the GPS might be a good back up for those times.

Old 01-04-2021, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Zingowner
Yea, my daughter showed me that too. But sometimes we have experienced areas locally where there isn't cell phone service and the Car Play map becomes a blank grid. Not too helpful when you're looking for an address. So I thought the GPS might be a good back up for those times.
For sure!

Old 01-06-2021, 09:04 PM

Great news that the 21 nav card situation is solved. I figured it wouldn't be long. Hopefully the prices will continue to drop since they are the same SD card as was used in the 17-19's which were going for 30-40 bucks.

Old 01-07-2021, 02:58 PM

The SD card may be the same but what's on it isn't the same. I tried one that allegedly worked for 2019s & 2020s,but my '21 did not recognize it. When I put in the one for the 21s, the Nav worked and I found information appeared in the HUD as well. The Stop sign recognition is just so-so. I think it is based off the front camera, as I see it in the HUD when I can also see it outside.

Old 01-08-2021, 06:10 PM

I have a 2021 CX-5 GT.
It did not come with Nav.
I purchased an SD Card, #TD2K-66-EZ1. Mazda confirmed that this is the correct SD card for my car.
With the car off, I insert the SD card into the reader.
I then started the car.
Nothing.
It does not recognize the presence of the SD card.
I expected the Nav to come alive and download Nav and start working. That did not happen.
Are my steps correct?
UPDATE: I removed the SD Reader module and check the two cables/connectors. Both were fully seated. The two connectors are "polarized", which means they are similar, but they cannot be switched. There is only one way to connect the two cables to the module. Still no luck. When the SD card is inserted, nothing happens.
Is anyone aware of any updates for the Mazda Connect system?
I believe my next stop will be the dealer.

Is there something that I am missing?

Last edited by 2825Matheny; 01-09-2021 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:38 PM

That's what I did and the Nav lit right up. Try reinserting the SD card again making sure that it is fully inserted. If it still doesn't work, maybe the SD card is bad??

Good luck with it.

Old 01-09-2021, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Zingowner
The SD card may be the same but what's on it isn't the same. I tried one that allegedly worked for 2019s & 2020s,but my '21 did not recognize it. When I put in the one for the 21s, the Nav worked and I found information appeared in the HUD as well. The Stop sign recognition is just so-so. I think it is based off the front camera, as I see it in the HUD when I can also see it outside.
I understand what's on it is different. What I mean is the prices will likely drop as they become more widely available. Still pretty new and already you can find them for 75 vs the 350-400 the dealer wants.

Old 02-07-2021, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by bobm
Here's a question - besides getting actual navigation help (though of mediocre quality) is there anything else that having the NAV installed provides?
NAV information is projected on your HUD which is nice especially when your in traffic.

Old 02-08-2021, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Harmbru
NAV information is projected on your HUD which is nice especially when your in traffic.
Thanks! Now if only my Carbon Edition had a HUD.....

Quick Reply: 2021 Cx-5 Nav