Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2021 Cx-5 Nav

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chris!
In that case, I'd definitely go with the cheaper option. For the price of the car, it is a chintzy of Mazda to charge extra for it. I live in a part of the country where cell phone reception is spotty. GPS that does not rely on a cell phone signal is a must here, which makes some of the other options less useful.
Agree and agree. The CX-5s are not cheap, entry level cars.

Old 03-03-2021, 06:34 AM

The Mazda map card install also enabled the Traffic Sign Recognition System in my 2021 GTP.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:56 PM

Dumb question for you guys who have nav in the 2021. Something I wanted to look at when I test drove one but it didn't have the SD card installed. On my other car the "home" screen has kind of a split screen for the infotainment and can show my presets and current radio station on the left and a smaller version of the local map on the right at the same time. Can the Mazda setup do that? I tried to ask the salesman but he was talking about car play and not the regular mazda system.

Old 03-06-2021, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by GregP74
Dumb question for you guys who have nav in the 2021. Something I wanted to look at when I test drove one but it didn't have the SD card installed. On my other car the "home" screen has kind of a split screen for the infotainment and can show my presets and current radio station on the left and a smaller version of the local map on the right at the same time. Can the Mazda setup do that? I tried to ask the salesman but he was talking about car play and not the regular mazda system.
You can check out this link to the manual

I am not sure of the display you are asking about because I rarely use the OEM nav

CX5 Navigation Manual

Old 03-11-2021, 11:57 AM

My family laughs at me when they look in my glove box and see the maps for Illinois and Wisconsin (and one just for Chicago) even though I haven't used them in years. Better safe than sorry!

I agree though. It's good to have the SD card as a backup option in the Mazdas. For the price it's worth it.
Let them laugh, I always have maps and an atlas. Then again, I'm an old crock.
One thing about a map or atlas, You have a better idea of where you are overall, with a GPS you can only see a few miles around. I like the bigger picture. But as I said before, I'm an old crock.

Last edited by Chris!; 03-11-2021 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-11-2021, 02:37 PM

The one I bought on Amazon didn't work with my 2021 CX-5, two weeks old not, but I found one on Ebay that did work. Here's what I bought:

Name:  unnamed.png
Views: 1075
Size:  1.1 KB Save this seller

2021 Mazda CX-5 2021 Mazda CX-9 Navigation SD Card TD2K66EZ1

Total: $65.99

Order number: 20-06643-67821

Item ID: 303863182113

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  4.5 KB
I'm bouncing back and forth between the Apple CarPlay system and the Mazda nav system, trying to compare them. Each has its advantages. I very much like that data from the Mazda nav system displays on my heads-up display, but the Apple CarPlay system info does not show there. However, the Apple CarPlay system is much more intuitive. Having both for a modest investment seems a good way to go, but your mileage may vary.

Milt Baker, Pompano Beach, FL

Old 03-15-2021, 04:39 PM

When you have the map screen displayed, press and hold the navigation button and a split screen menu will come up. IIRC, the choices are trip info and radio information on the right third of the screen.

Old 03-17-2021, 02:26 PM

I recently bought my SD Card on eBay for $50 Cdn (via PayPal) from Navigate LLC, Joey Greene, 825 Towbin Rd. Lakewood NJ 08701-5929 It’s an OEM part and it works perfectly. I highly recommend - saved me $500 compared to buying from the dealer.

Old 03-17-2021, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by TB250
When you have the map screen displayed, press and hold the navigation button and a split screen menu will come up. IIRC, the choices are trip info and radio information on the right third of the screen.
That is only for the new 10" screen correct? It didn't work on my '19 with nav when I tried yesterday.

Old 03-21-2021, 03:47 PM
Default Bad nav card in 2021 CX-5?

I just purchased a 2021 CX-5 Carbon Ed and bought a Mazda nav card from EBay. It worked great for 3 weeks then the Infotainment system started loop rebooting. I removed the nav card and everything works again. Took the nav card to my computer went into Mazda Toolbox. Card works great. Let’s me update to current maps, says I have a subscription until 2024. Did a chkdsk on the card and no errors found. Decided to restore from my backup in Madza Toolbox and reload the maps. Worked great. Computer completed the updates. Took it back out to the car. Plugged it into the sd slot. Same thing. Goes into a reboot loop. Tried resetting Infotainment system to factory defaults. Still goes into reboot loop when sd card is installed. I use Android Auto anyway but thought the Mazda nav system might come in handy if I was out somewhere without cell service. I noticed that when the card is loading it comes up with a message: Unexpected error. I wonder if the card reader in the Madza might be malfunctioning? I only have 250 miles on the car.

Quick Reply: 2021 Cx-5 Nav