Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2021 CX-5 Sunroof Exploded

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2023, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
It's very few if any people who ever service sunroofs ,until they fail or leak. Most people wait until something breaks to service or fix it. As far as safe ,the fact is any glass sunroof or panoramic glass roof will never be as safe as an all steel roof .
I am not sure where you get this structural engineering information about glass but I don't want to start another debate. You realize generally speaking most things on any vehicle (what you said in the right direction of thought) people for the most part will not get serviced unless they are following the warranty service guide or until something breaks, stop working or make noises.
With any vehicle there is the common sense guide to self serving which is mostly cleaning. I wonder what so many people houses on the inside look like. I have always felt their car condition reflects their living environment. LOL

If you really are interest type in any platform and than use serch and type in sun roof and just find out for yourself about DIY and how many real problems there are with them and what they are cause from.

Old 07-02-2023, 07:19 AM

It's very few if any people who ever service sunroofs ,until they fail or leak. Most people wait until something breaks to service or fix it. As far as safe ,the fact is any glass sunroof or panoramic glass roof will never be as safe as an all steel roof .
I'm one of those few.
If you don't clean/lubricate your moon/sunroof track in Northern climates, you will eventually have issues.
They use so much salt and sand that it works its way into the tracks, especially in the Spring when you open them up for that first warm sun of the year.
Polycarbonate glass is actually 2x as strong as steel, and should you break a glass sun/moon roof, you should check and see if you could get a polycarbonate replacement.
A few vehicles are already being made with it.

Old 07-02-2023, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Blah, blah, blah.....
Why do you feel it necessary to point out how juvenile you are?
All of us here are already well aware of that.

Old 07-02-2023, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Why do you feel it necessary to point out how juvenile you are?
All of us here are already well aware of that.
I am juvenile, I have no idea what I am talking about. Give me a break man...

Last edited by grim_reaper; 07-03-2023 at 06:44 AM. Reason: He he he
Old 07-04-2023, 05:21 AM

I am juvenile, I have no idea what I am talking about. Give me a break man...
Nice job modifying my post without notifying me and trying to making me look bad Grim.... Lol. Pretty lame. The favoritism you show is blatantly obvious (I mean looks at the note at the bottom of the edited post: "Last edited by grim_reaper; Yesterday at 07:44 AM. Reason: He he he " Cali can say whatever he wants without fear of reprisal, but I get my posts edited for making a rebuttal....

Lobster posts: "Why do you feel it necessary to point out how juvenile you are?
All of us here are already well aware of that." Which is allowed with no issues, while my post is edited to make fun of me? WOW!

Just remove my post if you don't like it. Some people seem to have really thin skin on this forum. I have been told by Cali on more than one occasion to stop posting on the forum. Not really my style to be bullied, so I will just do what I do. If you want to ban me for not being in agreement with the golden children, so be it.

Just so folks know what I actually originally posted: I am juvenile? I post some good info to help the OP with his question and Cali comes in with guns blazing saying I have no idea what I am talking about. Give me a break man...

Last edited by chickdr19; 07-04-2023 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-04-2023, 07:38 AM

Nice job modifying my post without notifying me and trying to making me look bad Grim.... Lol. Pretty lame. The favoritism you show is blatantly obvious. Cali can say whatever he wants without fear of reprisal, but I get my posts edited for a rebuttal....

Lobster posts: "Why do you feel it necessary to point out how juvenile you are?
All of us here are already well aware of that." Which is allowed with no issues, while my post is edited to make fun of me? WOW!

Just remove my post if you don't like it. Some people seem to have really thin skin on this forum. I have been told by Cali on more than one occasion to stop posting on the forum. Not really my style to be bullied, so I will just do what I do. If you want to ban me for not being in agreement with the golden children, so be it.

Just so folks know what I actually originally posted: I am juvenile? I post some good info to help the OP with his question and Cali comes in with guns blazing saying I have no idea what I am talking about. Give me a break man...
“Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important ... They justify it because they are absorbed in the endless struggle to think well of themselves.” — T.S. Eliot

Old 07-04-2023, 09:42 AM

OFF TOPIC BANTER:
Of all the Mazda forums this one has the most accurate, factual empirical and most helpful based information that is often copied and used on other Mazda forum by their members. This itself is a fact if anyone in the marketing field can find the surveys and data. (for those interested their is a website that has all the data about members complete with graphs and pie charts you can want to pertain to a forum even forums that have gone the way of the dodo) There are some members that are interesting posting a rather different and not a subdued style as on this forum then other forums. Mainly because of the restriction on those other forums regarding responses and that there are truly thinned skinned members and moderators on those other forums that often feel threatened and or butt hurt with some responses. This forum tolerates most things as long as it does not get deeply offensive or threatening in nature. In other words, it is more real world in most every sense and very few punches are pulled. But trolling and posting on a thread just to troll is not tolerated.
As for deleted or edited response I have a fair share of responses deleted because I tend to respond to a few directly that have bad information and point that out and then continue with the more factual information. The moderator does not have time to read some of my long responses and it is easier fro them to just delete them. LOL No matter at some point I repeat them but without the correction needed towards some members information.

Just to be clear I read ALL the responses that has my interest on ALL MAZDA forums. I see what members belonging here post comparing to those other Mazda forums. And let me tell you it is an interesting education and experence in human nature. that's all I am going to say (at this point on this thread) about that. LOL

I will say one thing about ALL forum you NEVER talk about the action of the Admiration or moderators on open forum. The kind of behavior is NEVER tolerated on any forum I Know specifically on Mazda3, Mazda Revolution and Mazda 247 that that is an instant BANNING. Also on a couple of Mazda forum you don't correct inaccurate information posted by them or you will be banned and the response with empirical data and information (factual not myth or DIY, MacGyver influenced) deleted.

I do like my new appointed title from one of our illustrious (not) member. LOL

Last edited by Callisto; 07-04-2023 at 01:46 PM.
Old 07-04-2023, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
OFF TOPIC BANTER:
Of all the Mazda forums this one has the most accurate, factual empirical and most helpful based information that is often copied and used on other Mazda forum by their members. This itself is a fact if anyone in the marketing field can find the surveys and data. (for those interested their is a website that has all the data about members complete with graphs and pie charts you can want to pertain to a forum even forums that have gone the way of the dodo) There are some members that are interesting posting a rather different and subdued style on this forum then other forums. mainly because of the restriction and that there are truly thinned skinned members and moderators on those other forum. This forum tolerates most things as long as it does not get deeply offensive or threatening in nature. In other words, it more real world in most every sense and very few punches are pulled. But trolling and posting on a thread just to troll is not tolerated.
As for deleted or edited response I have a fair share of responses deleted because I tend to respond to a few directly that have bad information and point that out and then continue with the more factual information. The moderator does not have time to read some of my long responses and it is easier fro them to just delete them. LOL No matter at some point I repeat them but without the correction needed towards some members information.

Just to be clear I read ALL the responses that has my interest on ALL MAZDA forums. I see what members belonging here post comparing to those other Mazda forums. And let me tell you it is an interesting education and experence in human nature. that's all I am going to say (at this point on this thread) about that. LOL

I will say one thing about ALL forum you NEVER talk about the action of the Admiration or moderators on open forum. The kind of behavior is NEVER tolerated on any forum I Know specifically on Mazda3, Mazda Revolution and Mazda 247 that that is an instant BANNING. Also on a couple of Mazda forum you don't correct inaccurate information posted by them or you will be banned and the response with empirical data and information (factual not myth or DIY, MacGyver influenced) deleted.

I do like my new appointed title from one of our illustrious (not) member. LOL

LOL - because YOU are on it? If this isn't the embodiment of what Lobstah was talking about with his T.S Eliot quote, I don't know what is....

Always good for laugh buddy....

Last edited by chickdr19; 07-04-2023 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-04-2023, 03:04 PM

There is no free lunch ,moon roofs/sun roofs cost more are less safe in a colission /crash /rollover and are more prone to fail or break than a steel roof. It's Your choice, money and safety .

Old 07-04-2023, 03:50 PM

There is no free lunch ,moon roofs/sun roofs cost more are less safe in a colission /crash /rollover and are more prone to fail or break than a steel roof. It's Your choice, money and safety .
Agreed. Does anyone offer a steel version anymore? I am not aware of one.

Quick Reply: 2021 CX-5 Sunroof Exploded