Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2021 CX-5 Sunroof Exploded

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
This is so unactual I am still smiling and rolling my eyes reading it.

I think I have pointed out a few source's of more factual information concerning sunroofs? Maybe a member or 2 should read them? LOL
Sure Cali, having a roof made of a solid piece of steel, or carbon fiber would certainly have no structural advantage over one with a hole cut out and replaced with glass on a sliding track..... Now you are cracking me up!

Originally posted by Lobstah:

"Steel can and does indeed shatter. It is all dependent on the of steel, quality and thickness.
Sheet metal on vehicles will likely not shatter (unless at absolute zero).
But is has a low tensile strength and therefore will bend, rip apart and puncture very easily.
Meaning rocks and other objects have and do puncture vehicle roofs.
This information is readily available on the internet or in engineering/metallurgy books at your local library.
You just need the wherewithal to conduct the research
."

Have you ever heard of a case of a steel car sunroof shattering from an impact? Not talking theoretical here, an actual case of this happening.

Old 07-11-2023, 12:57 PM

chickdr just signed in the forum and went right for this thread! trolling... LOL
His response is being typed in as i am posting this. LOL
I am trolling? How so Cali? I am asking real questions here. Not trolling any more than you are....

I really would love to know what your point is at this point? Are you trying to be the neighborhood snitch? Do you own this forum?

I mean seriously, "his response is being typed as i am posting this". How do you know I am writing a response to anything before I post it?

Last edited by chickdr19; 07-11-2023 at 01:01 PM.
Old 07-11-2023, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Sure Cali, having a roof made of a solid piece of steel, or carbon fiber would certainly have no structural advantage over one with a hole cut out and replaced with glass on a sliding track..... Now you are cracking me up!

Dude you do realize I am an engineer and also have Structal analysis certification in the aircraft industry. And you have read that roof are designed for stronger supporting strength when a factory sunroof is being "ENGINNERED" in the model?

You totally trolled this thread today as you do other threads.... yet I don't see you posting opposition to some members with like thread topic on other forums... I wonder why. LOL

Old 07-11-2023, 01:07 PM

Old 07-11-2023, 01:09 PM

Dude you do realize I am an engineer and also have Structal analysis certification in the aircraft industry. And you have read that roof are designed for stronger supporting strength when a factory sunroof is being "ENGINNERED" in the model?

You totally trolled this thread today as you do other threads.... yet I don't see you posting opposition to some members with like thread topic on other forums... I wonder why. LOL
No idea what you are talking about. I post on many forums with the same screen name so it's easy to know who I am. I don't have a reason to make posts like I do here as luckily, most other car forums don't have people like you on them.... LOL

I post many things on this forum which don't involve you or Lobstah. You just like to insert yourself when I do post something. It sure feels like bullying, but I won't cave to it. If the powers that be don't like my posting style, I am sure they will let me know... You aren't the one to do so though.

Old 07-11-2023, 01:10 PM

You have WAY too much time on your hands, my friend.

Old 07-11-2023, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
You have WAY too much time on your hands, my friend.
Yup enjoying my sandwich for lunch and reading the " FUNNIES" posted on the forums from a few members. LOL

Your responses are similar mix between beetle bailey and the peanuts! LOL

In the shop we now have a saying when servicing a customer vehicle... "DONT chickdr it!" rolmao

Old 07-11-2023, 01:18 PM
Default Most people

Most people want sun roofs/moon roofs ,and are willing to pay for them .Most people won't have any issues with them in the first 3 or 4 years. Those that do will tell you it was unexpected,inconvenient,and expensive . Everyone want's their cake and eat it too .

Old 07-11-2023, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
Most people want sun roofs/moon roofs ,and are willing to pay for them .Most people won't have any issues with them in the first 3 or 4 years. Those that do will tell you it was unexpected ,inconvenient, and expensive. Everyone want's their cake and eat it too .
Not sure about this statement because unlike the past decades ago when a sunroof was optional equipment on many platforms and in most cases, you had to special order from the factory to get one on a model for the last few decades sunroof are not optional as they use to be. In fact, you have to look harder to find a model on platforms that do not come with them if you don't want them and still get all the other factory equip features. .

I also don't see where you get the idea that a sunroof that was factory normally equipped as a package would or is greater than without a sunroof by itself?

Now i have not looked but that would really take a lot of time to go looking for that information on optional vs factory installed packages and separate items.

Just a heads up I have a 2023 Fleet order form from Mazda ( you must log onto MAZDA USA with the dealership number to access it) and sorry to say the list is very small. LOL But hey feel free you go look for yourself.

IN all cases having a SUNROOF will increase the value of your investment in most any vehicle having one than not. Which is a plus!

Last edited by Callisto; 07-11-2023 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-11-2023, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
Most people want sun roofs/moon roofs ,and are willing to pay for them .Most people won't have any issues with them in the first 3 or 4 years. Those that do will tell you it was unexpected,inconvenient,and expensive . Everyone want's their cake and eat it too .
Not sure about others but have had four previous vehicles of all different makes with properly maintained sunroofs last over 10-12 years without issues(leaks, breakage, etc.)
It is possible we've been Lucky.

Quick Reply: 2021 CX-5 Sunroof Exploded