Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2022 CX5 rough ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2023, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
BINGO, the oem Yokohama tires suck. Get a set of Pirelli AS Plus 3 tires .
LOL ... yes but most any tire will actually get harder over time no mater what brand.

Old 04-08-2023, 02:38 PM
Default Bad fron day one

The OEM Yok's were terrible from day one. I'm going to get rid of them B4 Summer .

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 04-08-2023 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2023, 02:46 PM

The OEM Yok's were terrible from day one. I'm going to get rid of them B4 Summer .
Ok ..

I just didn't want members to think that suddenly the cause of a harder/harsher ride was simply the model and brand of the tire.

Old 04-08-2023, 02:55 PM
Question Why

Originally Posted by Callisto
Ok ..

I just didn't want members to think that suddenly the cause of a harder/harsher ride was simply the model and brand of the tire.
Why wouldn't you want members to know the oem Yok's were not great even when new ? IMHO ,the best modification for ride quality, road noise, and handling you can do to the CX5 is to get a better tire like the Pirelli Scorpion AS 3 .

Old 04-08-2023, 02:58 PM

Why wouldn't you want members to know the oem Yok's were not great even when new ? IMHO ,the best modification for ride quality, road noise, and handling you can do to the CX5 is to get a better tire like the Pirelli Scorpion AS 3 .
It not actually helping with the thread OPs question

If it were simply a questioning how to improve the quality of the ride I would agree with the thoughts and opinions about the OEM tire but that is not what he is asking about.
The thread starts with
Originally Posted by jtkrpm
Am I really the only person that has had their CX5 start to ride rougher than normal? Dealer insists it's normal. Its not normal.

Old 04-08-2023, 03:11 PM
Default OK

Originally Posted by Callisto
It not actually helping with the thread OPs question

If it were simply a questioning how to improve the quality of the ride I would agree with the thoughts and opinions about the OEM tire but that is not what he is asking about.
The thread starts with
Ok but 8 to 5 the issues the OP has with harsh ride is the OEM Yok's , If Mazda had to use Yokohama tires ,they could have at least used the Yokohama YK-CTX .

Old 04-08-2023, 03:13 PM

Ok but 8 to 5 the issues the OP has with harsh ride is the OEM Yok's , If Mazda had to use Yokohama tires ,they could have at least used the Yokohama YK-CTX .
I think maybe I read this thread as it just started happening and you are reading it as if it is a fact simply because of the tires from the get -go...
So I answered in my way as a tech not a consumer.

Old 04-08-2023, 03:20 PM

It will be interesting to see how this turns out, and how the OP solves his problem .Maybe he is just over sensitive ,and there is nothing really wrong with his vehicle. The easiest thing for him to do is find someone with the same year and and model of the CX5 and test drive it.

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 04-08-2023 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-08-2023, 04:46 PM

It will be interesting to see how this turns out, and how the OP solves his problem .Maybe he is just over sensitive ,and there is nothing really wrong with his vehicle. The easiest thing for him to do is find someone with the same year and and model of the CX5 and test drive it.
Already did that. Drove a brand new CX5 with the same trim level, tires ect. There is definitely a problem.

Old 04-08-2023, 09:47 PM

Ok but 8 to 5 the issues the OP has with harsh ride is the OEM Yok's…

If that were the case, the OP would have had a poor ride quality from new…but he did not. Something else changed, but it will be nearly impossible to diagnose from afar. I wish him luck.

Quick Reply: 2022 CX5 rough ride