Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2022 CX5 rough ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2023, 11:40 AM

well now I have read everything... LOL
New ride quality control setting.... seat adjustment positions. LOL

Old 04-12-2023, 12:27 PM
Default Ride Quality is subjective

Originally Posted by Callisto
well now I have read everything... LOL
New ride quality control setting.... seat adjustment positions. LOL
I remember when I was a kid ,my Mom would always tell my dad his Blue 1956 Packard Patrician was too smooth, she claimed she couldn't feel the road when she drove it .He only bought it because the 1949 Packard they had , had a manual trans my Mom didn't like , so he traded it in for the 1956 Packard Patrician . He traded that Packard in ( after the second trans went bad and was replaced ) for a Black Mercury Country cruiser Colony Park station Wagon with simulated Wood wood on the side. She loved it and never complained ,he hated it . I was too young to tell the difference at the time, but that Packard was my favorite. The way cars ride is a matter of taste.

Old 04-12-2023, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
I remember when I was a kid ,my Mom would always tell my dad his Blue 1956 Packard Patrician was too smooth, she claimed she couldn't feel the road when she drove it .He only bought it because the 1949 Packard they had , had a manual trans my Mom didn't like , so he traded it in for the 1956 Packard Patrician . He traded that Packard in ( after the second trans went bad and was replaced ) for a Black Mercury Country cruiser Colony Park station Wagon with simulated Wood wood on the side. She loved it and never complained ,he hated it . I was too young to tell the difference at the time, but that Packard was my favorite. The way cars ride is a matter of taste.
Yes but I have yet to see any ENGINEERNG specification that the seat height effects the ride quality. If anyone has that I would love to read it! lol
And once again the coffee gang here this morning is laughing their **** off and we are all veterans in the industry!!

Old 04-12-2023, 12:49 PM
Wink Who knows his sensitivity ,real or imagined

Who knows what others feel or perceive to feel. I have a friend who thinks my Beretta 92X RDO has a sharp heavy recoil . To me and most others it is the mildest shooting 9mm around. He's a Glock fan boy ,so that's probably the real issue .

Old 04-12-2023, 01:19 PM

LOL Not really the same comparison.... but I do understand the phycological thought behind what some may feel!
in both your examples

Old 04-16-2023, 08:23 AM

Update: after a week or so of evaluation, I still know that the seat hight makes a big difference on the base model cx5 for how much road bumps the driver feels. There definitely is a problem though. I believe it’s an internal valving issue. I will never know, though. The wife traded it in for.. another CX5, which rides so much better.

Old 04-16-2023, 10:10 AM
Default Stranger and stranger

Originally Posted by jtkrpm
Update: after a week or so of evaluation, I still know that the seat hight makes a big difference on the base model cx5 for how much road bumps the driver feels. There definitely is a problem though. I believe it’s an internal valving issue. I will never know, though. The wife traded it in for.. another CX5, which rides so much better.
Something very strange is going on with this . The dealer isn't going to do any deal he can't make at least $2000.00 profit or more on . This could be an episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE or .......

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 04-16-2023 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2023, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
Something very strange is going on . This could be an episode of THE TWILIGHT ZONE or .......
I have long come to the vconclusion on automotive forums DIY and owners "trump" anyone that actually is a trained professional in the business. They will come up with things that just really don't fit normal natural worldly things....
The seat making for an adjustable ride quality of the suspension other then fitting the occupants is going to be one talked about I am sure when it gets passed on to other Mazda forums as something that is real...

Old 04-16-2023, 12:54 PM

I am a trained professional. Maybe not a Mazda Tech, But Ive been a Mechanic for over 25 years. It's my wife that noticed the issue though, she drives it every day. It's hard being on the other side of the counter and not being able to work on your own cars.

Old 04-16-2023, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by jtkrpm
I am a trained professional. Maybe not a Mazda Tech, But Ive been a Mechanic for over 25 years. It's my wife that noticed the issue though, she drives it every day. It's hard being on the other side of the counter and not being able to work on your own cars.
LOL auh ok then.... I am not a Mazda trained tech but I am a little something else I can tell you either something was wrong with your seat or it didn't happen! No I said it for clarity, I was trying to avoiding being blunt but come on really!!!

Quick Reply: 2022 CX5 rough ride