Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2023 CX-5 2.5 T Sig AWD; engine malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2024, 06:55 PM

It is unusual for a lower tier maker to provide loaners. They will for certain extreme issues (yours should fit into this with a pretty bad problem after just buying the car) but most of the time it is just a particular dealer offering loaners as it makes them look better to customers than other competing dealers. High end marks such as M-B, BMW and the like often offer loaners. The Acura dealer I used always gave me loaners.

Old 02-11-2024, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
It is unusual for a lower tier maker to provide loaners. They will for certain extreme issues (yours should fit into this with a pretty bad problem after just buying the car) but most of the time it is just a particular dealer offering loaners as it makes them look better to customers than other competing dealers. High end marks such as M-B, BMW and the like often offer loaners. The Acura dealer I used always gave me loaners.
Yes but...... if the dealership is large and a busy one let's think common sense... even these dealerships only have "X" number of loaner vehicle's and if the service shop becomes busy there is NOT enough loaners to go around. There are a couple of the largest BMW dealerships in the US here in Norther Ca and my friend is the service manager and the best they do at times is a rental voucher.

I will say that that high end dealerships are better equipped for handling their customers. A good friend owned a 1980 308 GTSI when it went in for basic service the dealership had to keep the car for a few days to order some parts. The wanted to sell him into a new car so they tossed him the keys as a loaner their brand new F40. Needless to say we packed up a bag and headed on a weekend road trip down Ca Coastal Highway Hwy 1. Naturally taking turns at the wheel!

Old 02-13-2024, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Yes but...... if the dealership is large and a busy one let's think common sense... even these dealerships only have "X" number of loaner vehicle's and if the service shop becomes busy there is NOT enough loaners to go around. There are a couple of the largest BMW dealerships in the US here in Norther Ca and my friend is the service manager and the best they do at times is a rental voucher.

I will say that that high end dealerships are better equipped for handling their customers. A good friend owned a 1980 308 GTSI when it went in for basic service the dealership had to keep the car for a few days to order some parts. The wanted to sell him into a new car so they tossed him the keys as a loaner their brand new F40. Needless to say we packed up a bag and headed on a weekend road trip down Ca Coastal Highway Hwy 1. Naturally taking turns at the wheel!
I guess that depends. I have a BMW and when it was under warranty I would use the dealer and they were great, but my BIL had a leased 530i for the past 3 yrs and recently traded for a Toyota Crown. The BMW dealer asked why he didn't get another BMW and he said one of the biggest reasons was the service department. He would get there at opening for an oil service thinking he would get out quickly. Nope. They would have the car until 4 or 5pm every time. My Nissan and Mazda dealers do much better than that (1hr max for an oil change).

As far as loaners, the best way to handle it is to schedule service and ask for a loaner when doing so. That way they will have a car set aside for you at the appt time. Acura and Audi always did that for me.

Old 02-14-2024, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by allvinyl
... Yes, I'll be happy to post the any service write-up/documents provided to me once I get the car back in the coming days. ...
I picked up the car from the dealer on 2/13/24. They determined the problem was the brake switch and replaced the part. No subsequent issue so far.

See the attached partial document.

Regards,
John

Attached Files
File Type: docx
MAZDA PARK BRAKE Word.docx (15.7 KB, 51 views)
Old 02-14-2024, 10:58 AM

Its a number thing... really. Most newer Mazda because of the plastic chassis under cover now need added extra time for even a simple oil change. Then it simple math. 8 hours in a normal work day, it takes at a dealership 30 minutes (as per LBR) (but reality 45minutes) to do an oil and filter service. The basic medium employed dealership has 2 minimum wage employees that can at least efficiently do a simple basic oil filter change on most NOT ALL model's . Now do the math? Its simple. Yes you at times must leave your vehicle and yes it may be the end of the work day before it is ready.

Or you can ROLL-THE-DICE and go to a Jiffy lube and hope nothing gets fu**ed up\

I always do get entertained when we always have members even the ones I like that are the exception to the normal rule or REAL WORLD SERVICING at a Dealership, or even from independent service shops.

Don't get me wrong when its slow in the shop I have someone start COLD CALLING old customers do an oil and filter service at a great discount. Why well the profit on a O&F service is generally 112% GP.
And yes I know what it is at many dealerships GP as well so over booking with them is profitable

Old 02-14-2024, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by allvinyl
I picked up the car from the dealer on 2/13/24. They determined the problem was the brake switch and replaced the part. No subsequent issue so far.

See the attached partial document.

Regards,
John
Interesting service document? When you read everything.

Well I am glad you reported back and happy to read they solved the issue!!

Old 02-14-2024, 11:09 AM

This thread is a great reason why on forums you need to collect and often times with several Q&A from the OP as much information as possible before assuming the worst and start mention Lemon Laws and RIGHTS and so on. It just never that simple. Even in the shop I get customers that want to start in with I need a detailed report in case I have to sue such-and-such a person or dealership. I always say sure, but that kind of report is an extra 20 bucks because it is not required by and regulation and no shop really do that, but I am always happy to give a customer what they want.... $$$$ Thank you very much! Oh and as our service shops like most and because there is no actual procedure for such documentation I get the full amount, why because I am the BOSS ! LOL And also if for some far-fetched chance it does end up in court, I am also an expert witness. LOL

Old 02-14-2024, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Interesting service document? When you read everything.

Well I am glad you reported back and happy to read they solved the issue!!
The whole doc is 3 full pages, the 3rd titled "FULL CIRCLE SERVICE REPORT CARD". That page is very comprehensive. I removed only personal info and detail on the after-market upgrades performed.

Concerning the doc, would many not take the time or be overwhelmed by the tech speak and extraneous text? On the first 2 pages there seems a lot of text wrapped around the important details on the analysis and implemented solution.

Old 02-14-2024, 12:41 PM

There are actually very few in the USA that have had almost 40 years of being a Master Technician (must re-certify every 2 years via testing) So I do take interest in reading some service reports. There is at times things that can be learned that are not normally reported anywhere on the internet. Plus, I also see if at times there the diagnostic work was actually done and not just fabricated for a good story in document forms.
But it here nor there I am just glad you are back on the road and hopefully for a a long no incident driving experience with your Mazda as iyt should be.

Old 02-14-2024, 01:06 PM

Please come back in a week or two and confirm the repair actually fixed the issue!

Quick Reply: 2023 CX-5 2.5 T Sig AWD; engine malfunction