Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2023 CX-5 2.5 Turbo Signature

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 01:42 PM
Question 2023 CX-5 2.5 Turbo Signature

Has anyone purchased an OBDLink mx+? I'm interested in finding out if the OBD can display the Tire Pressure.

Old 01-19-2023, 01:45 PM

Welcome to the forum

Old 01-19-2023, 04:06 PM
CEB

Originally Posted by jgcruzin
Has anyone purchased an OBDLink mx+? I'm interested in finding out if the OBD can display the Tire Pressure.
It does suck that Mazda doesn't want to incorporate such a simple, simple tire display feature into the CX-5

Old 01-20-2023, 10:56 AM

I can see using this feature for those physically unable to manually check tire pressure.
What I can't see is why those who are physically capable are too lazy to do so.
But then I don't have my face plaster to a phone 24/7

Old 01-20-2023, 11:54 AM

Free Tire Air Pressure Check | Goodyear Auto Service

WHAT OUR FREE TIRE AIR PRESSURE CHECK IS AND WHEN YOU NEED IT

With so much to do and see, it can be easy to overlook your tire pressure. Under- or over-inflation, however, can adversely affect handling and gas mileage, not to mention the life of your tires.

If you think you have low tire pressure or even over-inflated tires, let one of our tire technicians make sure you have properly inflated tires so you’re ready for what’s next on your to-do list.

Signs You May Want to Have Your Tire Pressure Checked:
  • Your tire makes squealing noises when you turn.
  • Your tire looks deflated and more rounded on the sides.
  • Your tire pressure monitoring system light is on.

Old 01-20-2023, 01:18 PM

For me it's no big deal ,as i inspect my tires and check the tire pressure cold once a week. I like to know what's going on with the tires B4 I hit the road. You would be surprised what you find some times.

Old 01-20-2023, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
For me it's no big deal ,as i inspect my tires and check the tire pressure cold once a week. I like to know what's going on with the tires B4 I hit the road. You would be surprised what you find some times.

Old 01-20-2023, 04:56 PM
CEB

Originally Posted by Lobstah
I can see using this feature for those physically unable to manually check tire pressure.
What I can't see is why those who are physically capable are too lazy to do so.
But then I don't have my face plaster to a phone 24/7
It's called technology my friend. Would your prefer to go back to crank windows vs power windows, power brakes & steering vs applying the extra muscle, using a crank to start your car vs pushing a starter button, pushing the windshield defroster button vs carrying a rag to wipe away the condensation to be able to see out??? I don't think so.
(I do agree with you regarding the phone plastered to the face while driving but, that's not being lazy. That's being stupid.

Old 01-20-2023, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by CEB
It's called technology my friend. Would your prefer to go back to crank windows vs power windows, power brakes & steering vs applying the extra muscle, using a crank to start your car vs pushing a starter button, pushing the windshield defroster button vs carrying a rag to wipe away the condensation to be able to see out??? I don't think so.
(I do agree with you regarding the phone plastered to the face while driving but, that's not being lazy. That's being stupid.
Made me think back to when I bought my 1978 Bronco. I wanted a vehicle for hunting and camping so I had to special order it to get one without power windows, carpeting and bunch of other such stuff that wouldn't be good in the woods or throwing muddy gear or a bloody deer corpse in the back. The dealer really fought me on that, but finally acquiesced. The only recurring problem I had with that vehicle (other than the gas mileage which the 33 gallon tank mitigated) was the power tailgate window which was mandatory.

Old 01-20-2023, 05:35 PM

Some just show their generation time period and age.... take it as you want LOL
I am willing to bet those that are beetching about the psi monitor because they know EVERYTHING there is to know about their own Mazda , why because they read cover page to the last page of the owner manual when they got their new MAZDA ! ya right !!!
hahahahahaha!!

Quick Reply: 2023 CX-5 2.5 Turbo Signature