Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2023 CX-5 2.5 Turbo Signature

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2023, 02:46 PM
Default When that happens to me

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Now I got Led Zeppelin running through my head...
Ramble on is good ,but When that happens to me ,it's whole lotta Love or Black dog.

Old 01-21-2023, 03:16 PM

Geez all I wanted some feedback on the OBDLink MX+! (if anyone had installed one) And, I got a whole lotta useful information and trivia.
To me the display on the dash is very helpful - an indicator if immediate action is needed. Much appreciated are the comments, delightful to read.

Old 01-21-2023, 03:45 PM

FYI , for anyone who wants to save the trouble of checking tire pressure , Discount tire has an express lane and will check your tire pressure and air you up if needed free here in Arizona, and I'm sure they do the same in Florida too.

Old 01-21-2023, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
FYI , for anyone who wants to save the trouble of checking tire pressure , Discount tire has an express lane and will check your tire pressure and air you up if needed free here in Arizona, and I'm sure they do the same in Florida too.

Old 01-23-2023, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by CEB
What psi do you keep in your CX-5 tires? The CX-5 has such a harsh ride so I've been running 33 psi vs 35 psi as the door plaque indicates. 33 psi helps the ride a tad but, it's still harsh. Mine came with Toyo tires. Might there be a softer riding tire for my 2022 CX-5?
hello, new to the forum. Have a 2019 CX-5 Signature, ie, turbo, 38K miles, just had the head/block crack and Mazda replaced 100% with a new long block engine under the 60K power train warranty, about which another post with questions soon. On the tire issue: just before all this replaced the OEM Toyo 36 with Bridgestone Weatherpeak all seasons, stock size: 225/55R19 99V, from Costco. The Toyos, while adequate, were getting harder it seemed, and anyway the Costco/Bridgestone September sale was too good to pass up. Surprised actually that we got ~36K on the Toyos (which are after all 30k rated and a lot of tirerack reviews claim they go bald circa around 20k tho' that was not our experience), and they still had maybe up to 6 months left, if you wanted to run them to the nubs, but with winter looming we thought why not get new now. Result, very smoother ride, steering and handling just as taut, can't speak to snow as here in NJ we've had none so far, but know that Bridgestone particularly revised the snow handling/braking qualities on this new Weatherpeak, sez Bridgestone AND Tire Rack, and ditto FWIW on other all seasons like some Potenzas, so hopeful that it will be so. But there's more: as part and parcel the engine swap, which took from Nov 11 to Dec 31, we got a brand new (~400 miles on the clock) loaner CX-5 2022 or 2023 but sans turbo. But did have brand new Toyo 36s, same size wheels and tires, so was able to compare both the nonturbo engine (ok, could've lived with it, turbo has just that extra edge of oomph which we still like) and a brand new set of the OEM tires with our recent memory (and now that we've the car back, current driving) of the Bridgestones, and it showed that the new set of Toyos were less harsh than our 36K set, likely not surprising, and were very snappy and taut to drive, but not harsh, but the Bridgestones were just smoother and maybe overall better handling. Anyway, check out the reviews of each on Tirerack, good luck.

Last edited by CARDUDEIII; 01-23-2023 at 12:43 AM.
Old 01-23-2023, 08:39 AM
CEB

Originally Posted by CARDUDEIII
hello, new to the forum. Have a 2019 CX-5 Signature, ie, turbo, 38K miles, just had the head/block crack and Mazda replaced 100% with a new long block engine under the 60K power train warranty, about which another post with questions soon. On the tire issue: just before all this replaced the OEM Toyo 36 with Bridgestone Weatherpeak all seasons, stock size: 225/55R19 99V, from Costco. The Toyos, while adequate, were getting harder it seemed, and anyway the Costco/Bridgestone September sale was too good to pass up. Surprised actually that we got ~36K on the Toyos (which are after all 30k rated and a lot of tirerack reviews claim they go bald circa around 20k tho' that was not our experience), and they still had maybe up to 6 months left, if you wanted to run them to the nubs, but with winter looming we thought why not get new now. Result, very smoother ride, steering and handling just as taut, can't speak to snow as here in NJ we've had none so far, but know that Bridgestone particularly revised the snow handling/braking qualities on this new Weatherpeak, sez Bridgestone AND Tire Rack, and ditto FWIW on other all seasons like some Potenzas, so hopeful that it will be so. But there's more: as part and parcel the engine swap, which took from Nov 11 to Dec 31, we got a brand new (~400 miles on the clock) loaner CX-5 2022 or 2023 but sans turbo. But did have brand new Toyo 36s, same size wheels and tires, so was able to compare both the nonturbo engine (ok, could've lived with it, turbo has just that extra edge of oomph which we still like) and a brand new set of the OEM tires with our recent memory (and now that we've the car back, current driving) of the Bridgestones, and it showed that the new set of Toyos were less harsh than our 36K set, likely not surprising, and were very snappy and taut to drive, but not harsh, but the Bridgestones were just smoother and maybe overall better handling. Anyway, check out the reviews of each on Tirerack, good luck.
Really?? The new Toyo's on the 2022 are softer riding than the ones on the your 2019? WOW! I suppose I didn't pay enough attention to the harsh ride my 2022 CX-5 has before I bought it. When I'm riding on smooth asphalt/cement all is fine but, anything less than that, the ride is quite harsh and jarring. It feels like the tires are way over inflated even though I'm running them at 33 psi vs 35 psi as the door plaque states.

Old 01-23-2023, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by CEB
Really?? The new Toyo's on the 2022 are softer riding than the ones on the your 2019? WOW! I suppose I didn't pay enough attention to the harsh ride my 2022 CX-5 has before I bought it. When I'm riding on smooth asphalt/cement all is fine but, anything less than that, the ride is quite harsh and jarring. It feels like the tires are way over inflated even though I'm running them at 33 psi vs 35 psi as the door plaque states.
I think what he was saying is a brand new set of the Toyo's rode better than the same tires with 36k miles on the clock. The Toyo's are pretty bad IMHO. I will be happy when I am done with my set. They wear out quickly and ride harshly. You do have to consider they are 19" low profile tires as well. This will make the ride a lot harsher than say 17" wheels with a higher profile tire.

Old 01-23-2023, 10:43 AM
CEB

Originally Posted by chickdr19
I think what he was saying is a brand new set of the Toyo's rode better than the same tires with 36k miles on the clock. The Toyo's are pretty bad IMHO. I will be happy when I am done with my set. They wear out quickly and ride harshly. You do have to consider they are 19" low profile tires as well. This will make the ride a lot harsher than say 17" wheels with a higher profile tire.
I understand what you're saying regarding taller wheel/low profile tire degrading the ride. I've owned several late model vehicles with 19", 20" & 21" wheels/low profile tires.
None of them have produced as harsh/jarring of a ride as this CX-5. I'd never take this CX-5 on a road trip due to the poor ride quality. I'd be exhausted by days end.
It's a great little crossover for putzing around town and running errands.

Old 01-23-2023, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by CEB
I understand what you're saying regarding taller wheel/low profile tire degrading the ride. I've owned several late model vehicles with 19", 20" & 21" wheels/low profile tires.
None of them have produced as harsh/jarring of a ride as this CX-5. I'd never take this CX-5 on a road trip due to the poor ride quality. I'd be exhausted by days end.
It's a great little crossover for putzing around town and running errands.
I would take a-grain of salt with the other members response....

If you choose none run-flats this will greatly improve the ride quality as well reduce the road noise

Having a larger diameter wheel does not mean you will get increased "harshness" which comes from the design and type of the tire.

As always, I still always for safety that unless yu are a professional and understand all the principles of tire pressure to stay exactly with what your vehicles recommend tire pressure recommendation are. Also read all that information on that sticker not just the psi numbers.

Old 01-23-2023, 12:18 PM
CEB

Originally Posted by Callisto
I would take a-grain of salt with the other members response....

If you choose none run-flats this will greatly improve the ride quality as well reduce the road noise

Having a larger diameter wheel does not mean you will get increased "harshness" which comes from the design and type of the tire.

As always, I still always for safety that unless yu are a professional and understand all the principles of tire pressure to stay exactly with what your vehicles recommend tire pressure recommendation are. Also read all that information on that sticker not just the psi numbers.
I don't recall anyone talking about run flat tires
Larger (meaning taller) wheels require a lower profile tire = stiffer sidewall = increased handling performance which usually = firmer/harder ride.

Quick Reply: 2023 CX-5 2.5 Turbo Signature