Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2023 CX-5 2.5 Turbo Signature

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
But see none were tested with any measuring devices. (Unless anyone can show me one) Not one I can find even used a "G" force meter, sound meter or even a vibration meter? That means it was all human Butt feeling and impression based on all kinds of human errors and perceptions.
The biggest reason those so-called comparison testing doesn't work without testing equipment to measure real world events is the sensitivity of humans to vehicle motions that result from different road surfaces and their profile including irregularities and deflections, sets limits on allowable levels of accurate comparison between 2 or more similar vehicles.

This simple meter/gauge ...the buck stops here when it comes to real world testing, and I saw none used to post those evaluation. (again if someone finds one please post it up! )

Thanks, Calli.
For some reason certain types of people willingly accept opinion as fact with zero factual proof to back it up.
I personally don't care what the majority of people think about a "manufactured product" it's irrelevant unless it has measurable scientific back-up.
Like you, I have yet to see any SUV manufacturer post anything remotely resembling any actual measurements.

Old 01-25-2023, 12:27 PM

Old 01-25-2023, 04:33 PM

Fortunately we are free to express opinions on the forum. I was not surprised to see Cali did not acknowledge for his error about run flat tires on the CX-5. LOL.

As others have said, if you watch many video reviews of cars in the CX-5's segment and most/all say the same thing about the CX-5 (i.e."it handles great, but the ride is firm compared to others in the class") I guess one should discount these opinions by questioning "but what instrumented testing do you have to prove this hypothesis? But my question is - why would all the reviews say the same thing? Is there a vendetta out against Mazda? Lets use the seats on the current gen as an example. It has been proposed the seats on the 2017 and up cars are less comfortable than the previous gen CX-5's seats (not sure how one would prove, or disprove this theory). Some folks agree and others do not. I find my 21's seats to be quite firm, especially on long trips. Supposedly Mazda made changes to the '22 model to make the seats more comfortable. Why would they do this if is wasn't a common complaint? The answer is, they wouldn't. I don't see many threads about ride quality on the CX-5 as I suspect this is pretty quickly figured out on a test drive. Seat comfort may taker a bit longer to ascertain.

Old 01-25-2023, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Fortunately we are free to express opinions on the forum. I was not surprised to see Cali did not acknowledge for his error about run flat tires on the CX-5. LOL.
Yes, you can have opinions, but I am likely to correct things that are not empirical in nature or have any real-world data to prove it. So, continue on.... oh, and some believe in a Flat Earth... hey wait, are you one of those??? LOL
Frick chich dr ....you don't even read what I posted do you? Go back and read and if you don't understand look at the picture of the meter. I also gave a quick and dirty technical information about dampeners and coil springs, or did you miss that as well? Besides there is no testing that I am aware of other then back when I said we were doing exactly the kind of testing that could have reviled such things as comfort in some platforms, but the magazine dropped the article and to date no one has tried to do a similar testing. If you know of anyone that did the testing and published the article please I would love to read it!
There was no error dude Try again
Most all my responses are general in nature to apply for a wide variety of applications. And sorry to disillusion you not all Mazda have run flats. I never even used the wording RUN-FLATS in any of my responses on this thread.

As for the rest of your last response I would say get a life outside of Mazda, there are numerous platforms that all talk about pretty much the same topics here only instead of it a Mazda it is say a Ford or BMW etc. LOL
I will say there is a member like you on virtually every forum... not much real contribution but like to try to fit in. LOL

Old 01-25-2023, 05:59 PM

As others have said, if you watch many video reviews of cars in the CX-5's segment and most/all say the same thing about the CX-5 (i.e."it handles great, but the ride is firm compared to others in the class") I guess one should discount these opinions by questioning "but what instrumented testing do you have to prove this hypothesis? But my question is - why would all the reviews say the same thing? Is there a vendetta out against Mazda? Lets use the seats on the current gen as an example. It has been proposed the seats on the 2017 and up cars are less comfortable than the previous gen CX-5's seats (not sure how one would prove, or disprove this theory). Some folks agree and others do not. I find my 21's seats to be quite firm, especially on long trips. Supposedly Mazda made changes to the '22 model to make the seats more comfortable. Why would they do this if is wasn't a common complaint? The answer is, they wouldn't. I don't see many threads about ride quality on the CX-5 as I suspect this is pretty quickly figured out on a test drive. Seat comfort may taker a bit longer to ascertain.
(not sure how one would prove, or disprove this theory)
While you may not be sure how one would prove or disprove this theory it doesn't mean it can't be proven or disproven because it can be.
A whole host of sensors like pressure/weight/G-Force can be applied to the vehicle seats and the human testing it.
You could garner real world results and prove which seat is more comfortable, but I don't see any manufacturer doing it.
Manufacturers have one item in mind when engineering vehicles, selling them.
They are required by law to meet certain safety and fuel regulations but everything else is done for the bottom line...period.
Mazda is no different than any other vehicle brand, and they will continue to make the CX-5 and any of their other models until it is no longer profitable to do so.
People's opinions are a moot point unless it translates to the bottom line.
The only exception to that is a vehicle that causes injury and death and even than it comes down to the bottom line (is it cheaper to do a recall or payout lawsuits).
And there are countless examples of that.

Old 01-26-2023, 08:33 AM
CEB

Cali (as you call the forum member) does not acknowledge his/her errors.

Old 01-26-2023, 08:56 AM
Smile

Some just show their generation time period and age.... take it as you want LOL
I am willing to bet those that are beetching about the psi monitor because they know EVERYTHING there is to know about their own Mazda , why because they read cover page to the last page of the owner manual when they got their new MAZDA ! ya right !!!
hahahahahaha!!
Hey, I learned to drive in a '56 Desoto with no power assist on anything and I like it. It did have electric start. Having said that, would I want to trade off the features in my '22 CX-5 Signature. Hell NO!!! ;-)

Old 01-26-2023, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by CEB
Cali (as you call the forum member) does not acknowledge his/her errors.
Funny butyour wrong Totally Wrong!!! ROLMAO! Better look again?
And reading threads on this forum is not as informative to you as it is with other members.
BTW I keep tabs on members that visit my account... can't say as I have seen you there. LOL so how you can make this statement is beyond me???
I get notification when anyone visits my profile.

One thing I keep posting is that I not only participate in a technical capacity for service on forums that are basically my customers but also sevral other platforms. This mean I only have time to do a quick read and ANSWER many threads like this one with general statements of facts that cover a wide range of data. If the subject was specifically about "run Flats " my answers would have been in line with them, but this thread is much more complex. So I say to you go re-read all my responses.

I would offer advise ... I would not side with that other member he is not the best when it comes to experience direct or other wise and most information is internet found or armchair theory.

Last edited by Callisto; 01-26-2023 at 10:53 AM.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Chris!
Hey, I learned to drive in a '56 Desoto with no power assist on anything and I like it. It did have electric start. Having said that, would I want to trade off the features in my '22 CX-5 Signature. Hell NO!!! ;-)
That's KOOL!
Ya I am with yu on the newer Mazda. It was already a PIA that when I track my 2019 Mazda I have to remove the ECU attach a custom ECU communication extension cable so I can mount the ECU upside down. I couldn't even begin to think what I would need to do to a 2023 model MAZDA?

Old 01-27-2023, 09:24 AM

I would offer advise ... I would not side with that other member he is not the best when it comes to experience direct or other wise and most information is internet found or armchair theory.

So now you on a personal vendetta to keep other forum members from agreeing with me, eh? It appears your suggestion nobody ever concurs with me on the forums is once again, WRONG. LOL.

Quick Reply: 2023 CX-5 2.5 Turbo Signature