Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

2023 Mazda CX-5 improvements

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 08:12 PM
Default 2023 Mazda 5 improvements

We just took delivery of a CX-5 on 11/30/2022....
PLEASED to report that our new 2023 CX-5 S has NO ISTOP! This dog is dead .

Old 12-05-2022, 09:34 PM

Must have just been a 2022 feature; our 2021 model doesn't have it, either.

Old 12-07-2022, 10:32 AM

No iStop in my 2022 CX-5. Isn't that non-north america market only?

EDIT: confirmed, there is never iStop on USA CX-5 cars of any year.

Last edited by campb292; 12-09-2022 at 10:51 AM. Reason: updated info
Old 12-11-2022, 11:32 AM

No i-stop on 2022 Canadian CX-5 either.

Old 12-12-2022, 07:09 AM
Default Who needsa iStop Anyway?

Who needs iStop anyway? Seems to me to be a needless complication, something else to go wrong. Or am I missing something?

I've been living just fine for 15,000 miles without that complication on my 2021 CX5! In fact, I'd never heard of it until this thread--had to look it up to find that it automatically turns off the engine when the vehicle is stopped at traffic lights, waiting for trains, and other periods of idling.

MiltB

Old 12-12-2022, 07:45 AM

First thing I do in a car with this crap feature is turn it off. It's dangerous. A quick stop to make a left in heavy traffic can add a delay that could be costly. No thank you. Glad the 22 US models don't have it.

Old 12-12-2022, 01:05 PM

Glad it doesn't have it .It is just a method to cheat CAF numbers . Wish we didn't have cylinder deactivation either.

Old 09-03-2023, 04:48 AM

Well - I traded in my 22 CE/ for a 23 Premium mainly for color change - Outside and inside Rohidium White / Parchment - Gets hot where we live - its nice and cool in all white - - Them Bose , paddle shifters , MI-drive " sport " actually has a hell of lot o kick and holds at a sweet spot around 3500-4000 rpm when jockeying thru traffic or today we hit a blinding rain squall and within seconds the fwy had several inches of rain and in sport with elevated rpms it stuck like glue as I threw a hydrofoil-like wake and powered thru it -pretty dang amazing the AWD i-active sense when its put to the test -There was no other vehicle even close to keeping up - and its NA all da way - 1300 miles - , the other things i noticed were major transmission imptovments -likeky software - but its night and day from the 22 which was jumpy and lunged into 1st after a stop often - and there definitly new tweaks to the suspension - it honestly remindes me of my 2001 MBZ S500 AMG - it seriously drives that nicely -they tampered with the bushings and reduced the size of the front grill - and they lowered the rear end and front - but clearance looks the same - same 19"s - But you say ...its lower - not possible - well i hand wash and needed a ladder to reach the shark fin on the 22 and in the 23 - standing I can reach it -as well the hood is lower?? seriously one of the finest driving machines ive ever owned - logged 340 mi today - it drives like a super sports sedan - totally forgot it was an suv - and its zero doubt the #1 greatest driving CX-5 to date -and the 22 drove like a dump truck comparitively - no exaggeration- THANK YOU MAZDA - ZOOM F-ING ZOOM !

Old 09-03-2023, 12:25 PM

"we hit a blinding rain squall and within seconds the fwy had several inches of rain and in sport with elevated rpms it stuck like glue as I threw a hydrofoil-like wake and powered thru it -pretty dang amazing the AWD i-active sense when its put to the test -There was no other vehicle even close to keeping up"

I would not advise anyone to drive in Sport mode in several inches of rain.
You would be risking your life and your passengers along with those drivers around.
Good drivers know to slow down when conditions require not speed up.

Old 09-03-2023, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
"we hit a blinding rain squall and within seconds the fwy had several inches of rain and in sport with elevated rpms it stuck like glue as I threw a hydrofoil-like wake and powered thru it -pretty dang amazing the AWD i-active sense when its put to the test -There was no other vehicle even close to keeping up"

I would not advise anyone to drive in Sport mode in several inches of rain.
You would be risking your life and your passengers along with those drivers around.
Good drivers know to slow down when conditions require not speed up.

Last edited by Callisto; 09-03-2023 at 12:34 PM.

Quick Reply: 2023 Mazda CX-5 improvements