Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Aftermarket transmission dipstick tube

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2022 | 07:34 PM
|
Default Aftermarket transmission dipstick tube

Changed the differential gear oil and now working toward changing the transmission fluid and filter. Because I can see (looking down through the engine, without removing the airbox) the short transmission dipstick, you'd think someone would have developed a bolt-on dipstick tube and associated long dipstick that could be installed so that checking the ATF fluid would be easy like it used to be (you know, before they made it stupid). Anyone heard of such a thing?

Old 11-22-2022 | 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by AK2WNC
Changed the differential gear oil and now working toward changing the transmission fluid and filter. Because I can see (looking down through the engine, without removing the airbox) the short transmission dipstick, you'd think someone would have developed a bolt-on dipstick tube and associated long dipstick that could be installed so that checking the ATF fluid would be easy like it used to be (you know, before they made it stupid). Anyone heard of such a thing?
I agree. But the problem is the location does not allow for easy access from the transmission past the different inductive system and electrical components. So any aftermarket would be model and specific. That narrows the market considerably to who would actually want a product like that that would need several part numbers of specific applications... From a marketing point of view a bad idea! .

I painted mine RED, which helped me a little to reach done to remove and install it.