Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Airbag light not turning on

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 01:33 AM
Default Airbag light not turning on

Hello, I have a 2016 Mazda cx-5 and im having an error code for B1207 exact code is B1207:86-0A. My passenger light indicator for when someone is buckle or unbuckled or even sitting in it doesnt seem to be coming on. And my car makes no noise for the driver side if the driver is driving and isnt buckled in. Car was in a crash but I replaced the seat belts and all just not the seat belt buckle. Maybe that could be it or not because it doesnt have a pre-tensioner on it so i thought no it doesnt need replacing because it still functions good.
Any ideas what could be making this issue?

Last edited by Mazdacx-5; 09-26-2019 at 01:39 AM.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

DTC B1207:86 [ELECTRICAL SUPPLY UNIT (ESU)]

Error signal received from SAS control module

Detection condition
• The electrical supply unit (ESU) detected the following conditions for 2 s or more with the ignition switched ON (engine off or on).
― Error signal is received from SAS control module even though the collision detection unlock function presence signal received from the BCM determines that the function is present.

Possible cause
• SAS control module connector or terminal malfunction
• Electrical supply unit (ESU) connector or terminal malfunction
• Short to ground in wiring harness between SAS control module terminal 3X and electrical supply unit (ESU) terminal 2H
• Short to power supply in wiring harness between SAS control module terminal 3X and electrical supply unit (ESU) terminal 2H
• Open circuit in wiring harness between SAS control module terminal 3X and electrical supply unit (ESU) terminal 2H
• SAS control module malfunction
• Electrical supply unit (ESU) malfunction

===============================================
B1207 is related to the SRS control module.

Anytime the vehicle is crashed and either the airbags &/or seatbelt pretensioners are deployed the SRS control module will also require replacement & programming by a Mazda dealer. ( this may or may not the issue, however this is possible)

Old 09-27-2019, 08:37 AM

Hello. The code is actually for the Rear Body Control Module and not the srs. Atleast what is said on the code reader. Its saying passenger airbag light not on. After checking I confirmed that its right. My passenger airbag indicator on the dash isnt showing any lights. And just a black screen. Its also not ringing when the driver doesnt have his seatbelt on or if a passenger is in the passenger seat. So the light isnt working.
I did not replace my seat belt buckle since there were no pretensioners on the buckle itself. You think that could be the cause? And the SRS is reset but not reprogrammed yet.

Old 09-28-2019, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator

What I've cut & posted is straight from the factory workshop manual.

You can't reset the SRS control module. Once its deployed a seat belts &/or airbag it needs replacing and the new unit programmed to the car.