Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Anyone successfully added Parking Sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 01:17 PM
Default Anyone successfully added Parking Sensors?

I bought a 2021 CX5 Grand Touring model 2 months ago at a Mazda dealership. My last car had rear parking sensors that I loved. The salesperson told me I could have parking sensors added to this car but they don’t do it at his dealership. He gave me a referral to a local shop and said they always do a good job. I had them installed right away (front and rear) and it’s been nightmare. As soon as I put the car in reverse, with NOTHING behind me, they screech a loud continuous tone like I’m about to crash. I went back to the shop, they figured the sensors were faulty, and ordered a new set. They installed the new ones and the same thing is happening. I have never had the intermittent beeps that are supposed to occur.

The front sensors don’t work correctly either. Either they stay silent when I am very close to an obstacle or do an erratic combination of continuous screeching and silence.

Before I return to the shop again, I’m wondering if anyone on the forum has successfully added parking sensors and what is the brand?