Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

BadAss UltraGauge by Callisto

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 06:22 PM
Default BadAss UltraGauge by Callisto

This is an amazing Device from what I can see!! Does it work flawlessly????

Old 02-09-2022, 09:59 AM

Pretty much.
I've had one on the CX-5 since new (2016) and one on the Subaru (2012) about the same age. I'd be lost without them.
A real plus is the ability to ID and clear codes. That alone is worth the price.

Old 02-09-2022, 10:10 AM

There is ae several OBDII monitoring capable on the fly devices and programs butI prefer the versatility of the Ultra Gauge and the simplistic set up and reliability. It's simple easy to set up, personalize up to 7-9 pages of info to watch and is not overwhelming on the dash. ALL my vehicles 4 wheels (in other words not my motorcycles, lol) have one and I keep a couple on hand as spares in case I acquire another vehicles.

Old 02-09-2022, 10:20 AM

Here is my PT Cruiser. Oh and this PT is a sleeper...0-60 in less then 5 seconds and 1/4 mile in the low 12's. LOL
I was doing some temperature monitoring so set a page on the Ultra Gauge to watch the exact area.

Oh, and strictly for entertaiment ...I ran out of test road very quickly. But you can see the Ultra Gauge and the reporting of PSI through the run. Oh and you can hear the tires completely haze (loss of traction) in 1st gear and then watch the speedo at the acceleration time. I should mention I DID NOT have the NITROUS on for this test run. If I had I would have likely been spinning the street tires in 2nd and 3rd gears LOL

Old 02-09-2022, 10:34 AM

Thank you both, Buzzard and Callisto.

I went on Amazon and they 'are not available until further notice". Perhaps the chip shortage is responsible?

Will check other sites. Maybe Rock Auto? Or any other sites recommended?

Old 02-09-2022, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by reubenvabner
Thank you both, Buzzard and Callisto.

I went on Amazon and they 'are not available until further notice". Perhaps the chip shortage is responsible?

Will check other sites. Maybe Rock Auto? Or any other sites recommended?
I am not sure why amazon say not available, try the direct website? I just went all the way to the checkout cart and purchase screen with no problem? I would guess that it would have stopped me before going that far? Let us know if you go thier to get one!
UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center (ultra-gauge.com)

Old 02-09-2022, 10:54 AM

I like your pics Callisto. Very cool.
You may laugh (You and Buzzard) but for years I have been using TORQUE on my Android Phone while driving. I don't know what you think of that product.
($5!! on Google Store!!). But it does tie up my phone (no Navigation, no streaming music, so not ideal. I don't know how accurate that App is. It seems to be
pretty accurate. But I would prefer something like the UltraGauge now that I see it and have both of your recommendations.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:41 AM

I like your pics Callisto. Very cool.
You may laugh (You and Buzzard) but for years I have been using TORQUE on my Android Phone while driving. I don't know what you think of that product.
($5!! on Google Store!!). But it does tie up my phone (no Navigation, no streaming music, so not ideal. I don't know how accurate that App is. It seems to be
pretty accurate. But I would prefer something like the Ultra Gauge now that I see it and have both of your recommendations.
There is nothing wrong with the most phone aps. I just don't like having to check for everything turned on correctly with my phone every time I get in the vehicle and then if you need to do other things on the phone losing the screen for the monitors. (distracted driver) I think phone aps may have a place for garage DIY in helping diagnosis problems but maybe IMO not for constant monitoring while on the GO? Thats just my opinion nothing technical. LOL

Old 02-09-2022, 01:08 PM

Thank you for that. And agree that phone is tied up with Torque and difficult to use for other purposes.

Thanks again. Reuben

Old 02-09-2022, 03:15 PM

Thank you for that. And agree that phone is tied up with Torque and difficult to use for other purposes.

Thanks again. Reuben
What is popular with the MX5 NC crowd is to mount an Android head unit in place of the stock radio, but that doesn't work too well with the more modern vehicles where so many of the vehicle functions are routed through the head unit.

Quick Reply: BadAss UltraGauge by Callisto