Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Battery in my new car is not OEM!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Lol is right. Again, they did refuse to replace the battery for free as they should so yes, they did refuse... They offered to replace it IF the OP would pay $200 for a new battery which is patently ridiculous. .
I am sorry you must have read the dealership documentation concerning this, I did not see it posted only what the OP said transpired? LOL
Originally Posted by dlgunter
If that happened to me, I would’ve gone to the sales associate or sales manager and made them aware of what happened. If they couldn’t make it right, then they would have permanently lost a customer.
And my response to you would likely be the same as above to chick!
As for losing you as a customer if I had a dollar every time some said that to me, I would have my house paid for in full. Vehicle sales is only a small portion of the operation to any dealership and giving away free labor or parts does not support the business. Sure, customer service is very important but in this case of the mystery battery there is nothing yet that factually points to the dealership and any poor customer service. I am customer service-oriented person but the most in this circumstance based on what was said so far would be free labor and cost on the battery. But NOT a completely free battery unless there were more proof how that non-OEM battery got into the vehicle. Com'on think about this whole thread so far. Where is the OP to respond?

It is a funny world we all live in that we trust and believe anything that is on the internet without actual documentation or supportive facts?

Last edited by Callisto; 12-21-2021 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-21-2021, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
I am sorry you must have read the dealership documentation concerning this, I did not see it posted only what the OP said transpired? LOL
Once again asking for stuff you have no business asking for....

Here is what the OP said: "I was flabbergasted to say the least when I was told the battery is NOT the original Mazda battery so warranty is void! I have 15300 miles and I solemnly swear I have never touched/changed the battery! They said they could change it and it would cost 200$ for a battery."

The OP has no obligation to prove anything to you my friend. He is relaying what happened at the dealer when he went in for a battery issue on a 2019 CX-5 with 15k miles on the clock (well within the OEM warranty period). What proof do you have that what he says ISN'T true? How about some documentation from you proving he is lying?

Old 12-21-2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Once again asking for stuff you have no business asking for....

Here is what the OP said: "I was flabbergasted to say the least when I was told the battery is NOT the original Mazda battery so warranty is void! I have 15300 miles and I solemnly swear I have never touched/changed the battery! They said they could change it and it would cost 200$ for a battery."

The OP has no obligation to prove anything to you my friend. He is relaying what happened at the dealer when he went in for a battery issue on a 2019 CX-5 with 15k miles on the clock (well within the OEM warranty period). What proof do you have that what he says ISN'T true? How about some documentation from you proving he is lying?
Sorry but you don't have all the collected information available about the "MYSTRY" battery only 1/2 and that is from the OP. To be clear, if you joined this forum and read the guidelines what rule is being broken by asking for a service write up? ROLMAO!!!! You really just keep posting funnier and funnier things all the time. Oh, and I NEVER SAID or INSUNUATED the OP was lying.
While I hope that the dealership and the OP will come to some form of mutual settlement the facts are NOT in favor of the OP. That is if you live in the real world that most of do.

Old 12-26-2021, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Sorry but you don't have all the collected information available about the "MYSTRY" battery only 1/2 and that is from the OP. To be clear, if you joined this forum and read the guidelines what rule is being broken by asking for a service write up? ROLMAO!!!! You really just keep posting funnier and funnier things all the time. Oh, and I NEVER SAID or INSUNUATED the OP was lying.
While I hope that the dealership and the OP will come to some form of mutual settlement the facts are NOT in favor of the OP. That is if you live in the real world that most of do.
LOL- you asking for the info you did from the OP by definition insinuates you don't believe what he posted... I never said you broke the forum rules. I said you broke the rules for civility and decorum. Sadly this is not new territory for you. You keep saying they didn't refuse to service his car. That is not what the OP said. He said they refused to replace the battery UNDER WARRANTY. They wanted him to pay $200 for a new battery rather than replacing it FOR FREE as they should have done from the get go. This is why Mazda offered him the $200 credit to use in the future (i.e. they know the dealer screwed up).

Old 12-26-2021, 11:49 AM

CHICK19 read slowly for better comprehension please!!!!
Originally Posted by Moomoo
To the point, my 2019 cx5 would not start. Jumped it and drove directly to Mazda dealer as battery still under warranty. I was flabbergasted to say the least when I was told the battery is NOT the original Mazda battery so warranty is void! I have 15300 miles and I solemnly swear I have never touched/changed the battery! They said they could change it and it would cost 200$ for a battery. I declined. I purchased a new battery and replaced myself as I need to get to work. They charged me $50 to tell me this. I called the dealer and was told to call Mazda Corp customer service. They tell me they will give me a credit for 200 to use at next Mazda service( nope, not gonna happen). I asked to have this escalated because I want my money reimbursed bc 1) The battery should have been replaced for free via the warranty and 2) What in the world was a non OEM battery doing in my car that I purchased new off the lot??? Waiting to hear back from Mazda. Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions!?
Key points...
The battery is not necessarily void of warranty. It is simply not a OEM battery and as such has no warranty under MAZDA. Get it? But the battery manufacture may still warranty the battery. There are date codes on just about every battery sold in America!!!!!! I am not talking about those stickers either.

There is no verbiage that say the dealership exact wording "REFUSED" to change a battery.
Refused definition: indicate that one is not willing to accept or grant (something offered or requested).
In fact, and it is written clearly, they did offer to change and sell a battery. And further as a customer service offered a 200 credit toward service.

I am confused why they charged a service fee to look at the battery in the MAZDA or if that charge was a simple service charge to test and inspec a battery and charging syst. Unclear?

chickdr19 .... asking to post the service write up is not saying anyone is not telling the truth only looking to see why things like a 50-dollar service charge was done and maybe even see the EXACT WORDING USED BY THE DEALERSHIP!!!

Old 12-27-2021, 01:23 PM

Not sure as to your demeanor when you approached the folks at the garage or theirs to you.
That always impacts how these things work out warranty or not.
Sometimes there are bad dealers and bad customers, to be clear I'm not inferring either happened in your case.
I had the same issue but mine started before I purchased my used 2020 CX-5 (10,500 miles).
They had to jump start it at the dealership for me to try out (it was winter, cold and vehicle had been setting who knows how long).
I checked everything, including the battery (as I do all my new and used vehicles before purchase) as my researched showed the 2020 CX-5 had a recall issue with "lift gate module battery drain").
As far as I know this does/did not apply to your 2019.
I saw it was not the OEM Mazda battery (Panasonic) so I knew this unit likely had not had the recall done, plus my experience with Panasonic vehicle batteries has been poor anyway.
And yes, that battery was still under warranty by the manufacturer.
The dealer insisted the battery was OEM and tested fine and all recalls had been done. I knew better but his pricing was better than the other dealers in my state.
I kept my mouth shut but kindly asked, " Okay, that's great, I'll take it but if the battery should possibly fail then you won't have an issue replacing it and could you please note as such on the invoice".
He said, "Why sure I will". Because I was trading in my CR-V and I had title and cash for the difference, and he wanted the sale.
The dealer is known for great for sales and pricing, it's my third used vehicle from them, but I don't use them for maintenance.
Of course, I was back two weeks later for a free new battery (I got one that was much better than the OEM Panasonic).
I kept the old battery (that was still under warranty) saying I wanted to avoid the recycle fee and took it to the local parts start and got it replaced for free for new one.
Then I went to another dealer (who does all my maintenance) to get the lift gate module replaced under recall and have my OEM trailer hitch installed.
Sure, I did a bit of running around but spent about $8 in gas for two new batteries.