Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Blind spot malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Aliceson24!
I do not rely on the sensors. I am not an uneducated driver. I have been driving since I was 14 yrs old, I am 42 now. I am afraid of my vehicle because they do not know what's wrong with it and therefor cannot guarantee that this issue will not cause a catastrophic error ending in a fatality!
With that overly dramatic statement I can see why the repair facility wants nothing to do with you. If they DID replace the sensor (as I would even without a code after a repeat repair) and it didn't fix it what would you say next to be even more over the top? I'm in a similar situation with a $200K RV on a Mercedes platform; the center left front sensor falsely triggers. The service advisor at MB blew smoke up my **** and said they applied an "update". but there was no line for reprogramming a module which the mechanic would have certainly logged so he would get paid for it. I have video of it going off in a parking lot repeatedly with nothing in front of the RV and I wonder if maybe instead of crosswind corrections it was false collision correction that have applied heavy directional braking at 70 MPH. When it activated for whichever reason it wasn't enough to not be able to correct for nor is it reason enough for me to not put my wife and pets into it next month and take a 1000 mile journey to our summer abode. I'm hoping the dealer in ME might be more amenable to repairing it without a code. A good portion of my mechanic career cars didn't give us codes; we actually had to think; It would be nice if mechanics still did that. (Good ones still do but may have to be creative in how they word the repair order to get it by the OEM for warranty coverage.)

Old 04-15-2024, 11:21 PM
Default You, Sir, are rude.

Originally Posted by Tim Turner
With that overly dramatic statement I can see why the repair facility wants nothing to do with you. If they DID replace the sensor (as I would even without a code after a repeat repair) and it didn't fix it what would you say next to be even more over the top? I'm in a similar situation with a $200K RV on a Mercedes platform; the center left front sensor falsely triggers. The service advisor at MB blew smoke up my **** and said they applied an "update". but there was no line for reprogramming a module which the mechanic would have certainly logged so he would get paid for it. I have video of it going off in a parking lot repeatedly with nothing in front of the RV and I wonder if maybe instead of crosswind corrections it was false collision correction that have applied heavy directional braking at 70 MPH. When it activated for whichever reason it wasn't enough to not be able to correct for nor is it reason enough for me to not put my wife and pets into it next month and take a 1000 mile journey to our summer abode. I'm hoping the dealer in ME might be more amenable to repairing it without a code. A good portion of my mechanic career cars didn't give us codes; we actually had to think; It would be nice if mechanics still did that. (Good ones still do but may have to be creative in how they word the repair order to get it by the OEM for warranty coverage.)
The dealership is not done with me, they are on my side with this. They are done with the CX-5 because they have done everything they can do short of providing me a new vehicle. I am on good terms with the service guys!
your comment was uncalled for.
Being there is obviously a computer or wiring issue (with the other issues that have come about and were replaced already) how can I be ok with driving a car that will, more likely then not, have breaking system malfunction or lane assist go haywire and throw me into another lane? If it were just the sensor going off at times that would be different. But they are malfunctions of the airbags, the seatbelt tensioner both headlights and all sensors saying there are issues.
Maybe you aren't concerned with the safety of your family and pets, but Sir, with all do respect, you have no idea what is happening with my vehicle to suggest I'm being "overly dramatic".

Old 09-13-2024, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aliceson24!
The dealership is not done with me, they are on my side with this. They are done with the CX-5 because they have done everything they can do short of providing me a new vehicle. I am on good terms with the service guys!
your comment was uncalled for.
Being there is obviously a computer or wiring issue (with the other issues that have come about and were replaced already) how can I be ok with driving a car that will, more likely then not, have breaking system malfunction or lane assist go haywire and throw me into another lane? If it were just the sensor going off at times that would be different. But they are malfunctions of the airbags, the seatbelt tensioner both headlights and all sensors saying there are issues.
Maybe you aren't concerned with the safety of your family and pets, but Sir, with all do respect, you have no idea what is happening with my vehicle to suggest I'm being "overly dramatic".
I can see why you are concerned...it seems like too many things going wrong. That is very disappointing to hear. I got my first CX5 in 2012 and I never had a problem with it. Sold it to my son at 180,000 KM and a year later it is still running well. But I never had any bells and whistles either....but now the new one's come with a lot of standard options...more things to go wrong. I got the BSM sensors blocked warming too...and I've only had my vehicle for 2 days 270km in. I can see now why they wanted to sell me the extended warranty for those kinds of things. Fingers crossed that I don't get the same extra issues. As for this warning....I think I will just turn BSM off.

Old 09-15-2024, 02:04 PM
Default Lemon Law Win

Originally Posted by Spieran
I can see why you are concerned...it seems like too many things going wrong. That is very disappointing to hear. I got my first CX5 in 2012 and I never had a problem with it. Sold it to my son at 180,000 KM and a year later it is still running well. But I never had any bells and whistles either....but now the new one's come with a lot of standard options...more things to go wrong. I got the BSM sensors blocked warming too...and I've only had my vehicle for 2 days 270km in. I can see now why they wanted to sell me the extended warranty for those kinds of things. Fingers crossed that I don't get the same extra issues. As for this warning....I think I will just turn BSM off.
I won my Lemon Law Hearing. Now struggling to get Mazda to refund FULL PURCHASE PRICE according to the Texas Lemon Law.

An added FYI, supposedly they switched manufacturers mid production on rear bumpers which is what they are saying caused the malfunction. I feel its total BS.

Do yourself a favor take pictures when it's safe to do so of every time it comes up. In case you need to do a Lemon law like mine. There was no way to turn my BSM off. And as a side note, it does more than just the blind spot monitoring.