Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Bluetooth for 2015 cx-5

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 06:01 PM
Angry Bluetooth for 2015 cx-5

I bought a 2015 CX-5 from my Mazda dealership. We found the car we wanted didn't have Bluetooth and it was something we really wanted. I. Was able to add it when I purchased the vehicle. After getting the run around with the dealership for 3 weeks we finally got it ordered and installed. However, when we checked it out the only thing it allows us to do is answer calls. It won't let us stream music or anything like that. We paid $500 for this and it wasn't what we wanted. Did we just screwed at our dealership because it doesn't do what they said it would? I feel they told us one thing and sold us another. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,
Willie

Old 05-20-2014, 08:16 PM

Not all phones/carriers will offer full connectivity.

Check this site for your particular compatibility.

MazdaUSA - Vehicles - Bluetooth Hands-Free System

Old 05-21-2014, 06:25 AM

Thank you Pipemajor. I took a look. I own the basic model and looks like bluetooth can only be on the sport or the grand touring models. Looking at the one page owners manual of the one they installed (advent UBTSW2) it only has answer and hangup features so is not that my phone is not compatible. It's looking like they lied to me to make the sale. I'm going to get them to try to uninstall it and get my money back because it wasn't what was promised.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:12 AM

The Sport is the base model. The 2 higher trims are the Touring and Grand Touring. Haven't had a chance to play around with the Bluetooth since I don't yet have my CX-5. Perhaps later this week.

Dealer was able to get another area dealer to swap for my car - doesn't know exactly when yet.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:40 PM

Mazda really has to wake with these option packages. More and more competitors are offering Bluetooth standard on all models (for phone connectivity, streaming for a bit more). Same for backup cameras.