Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Brakes Need Replaced at 11k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 07:26 AM

Snip...
Originally Posted by Callisto
Yup.... maybe one of many things that have been exposed to moisture or chemicals causing the issue? That single picture does not give anywhere enough information.
How is that dealer in any way "ripping off" the op with an estimate quote for a labor and job. The quote is exactly what that service they offer is and Iam sure anyone calling them would get EXACTLY the same estimate to e same service.
Perhaps you're right and it's not a rip off.

I'll admit that I have never in my life had to have someone else work on the brakes on any of my vehicles. So, I really don't know what something like this should cost. To me paying over $850 (US) for brake pad replacements ONLY appears to be a rip off.

Old 01-03-2022, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5
Snip...

Perhaps you're right and it's not a rip off.

I'll admit that I have never in my life had to have someone else work on the brakes on any of my vehicles. So, I really don't know what something like this should cost. To me paying over $850 (US) for brake pad replacements ONLY appears to be a rip off.
That quote was brakes and labor. The NATIONS average shop rate is 100per hour. Brakes per axle on and none 2-wheel drive vehicle is about 100.00 per axle 4 wheel drive or all-wheel drive 150.00. So average shop rate is 300 labors plus parts, The parts price is not really out of line as they are OEM. And the shop has incidentals that are just absorbed in the labor fees and retail of the parts,i.e., top off brake fluid, brake cleaners. It's called cost of doing business!

I often read members on forums that always look down on shops for the cost they charge for labor and parts without knowing the business overhead and operation costs? But I am sure these are from members of forums that do not own business not operating out of their homes. LOL