Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

cargo cover that covers the complete rear.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 03:11 AM
Default cargo cover that covers the complete rear.

Hi, I plan to have the rear seats permanently folded and am looking for a cargo cover that will protect that entire area including the backs of the front seats, any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
New owner of CX 5 Signature.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:45 AM

I would buy a rubber mat for a pick-up truck and cut it to fit.

Old 02-28-2021, 08:31 AM

Rubber mat sounds good but how would that cover the sides and the back of the front seats?

Old 02-28-2021, 09:42 AM

That sounds like a custom made product. I don't know of anything off the shelf that would do that. It seems like a folding bin of some kind would be the best solution. Maybe something like this?
Amazon Amazon
You could cut the edges on one of the long sides and drop that to allow access from the back of the car. Then use a rubber tuck bed mat as suggested to cover from the back of the front seats to the rear of the cargo area.

Old 02-28-2021, 09:44 AM

You may be right, I used to have one for my CRV but they dont make one for the CX5

Old 03-03-2021, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by juliankaye
Hi, I plan to have the rear seats permanently folded and am looking for a cargo cover that will protect that entire area including the backs of the front seats, any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
New owner of CX 5 Signature.
If I understand your question correctly, you want something that covers the rear passenger area at window level, because you will have the seats folded down the entire time...

You might be able to adapt two Mazda OEM accessories, the very commonly purchased
Retractable Cargo Cover Retractable Cargo Cover
, and then the
Mazda Soft Cargo Liner Mazda Soft Cargo Liner
which attaches to the rear seat backs and "Protects cargo area and seat backs. Works with seats in any configuration" Maybe you could attach it to the driver and passenger seats, and then to the retractable cargo cover, so you have a window level cover...

This does not provide a cargo mat covering for you back seats, but I imagine you could jury rig some sort of rubber mat. WeatherTech and other companies make trim to fit semi- "universal cargo mats" in combination with other custom cargo mats. Regarding custom rear cargo mats, I would look for those that allow you access to the cargo hooks on the side and the rear.

Old 03-09-2021, 06:59 PM

you might look at Bedrug.com. I have that in the bed of my Tacoma. Pretty impervious, easy to cut to shape and still a carpet -like surface so things don't slide around as much and much more comfortable to crawl into.