Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Cold Weather

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
You cant compare your HONDA to your MAZDA? lol Now how about finding other MAZDA's from 2002 and newer and compare to yours?
The vents and there location and function or performance in cold temperatures are specifically engineered to work even in extreme cold operating conditions. Your issue seems to be limited and not a noticed problem really talked about on other MAZDA forums nor is there any TSBs that I can find and even expanding to other none MAZDA platforms anywhere else generally speaking for vehicle's manufactured from about 2002 and newer? That was only a quick search on my part.

Maybe not for your unique concern given what you keep tell all of us, but this can work considerably well for other on most any vehicles operating in extremely cold climates.

Install a device at the OBDII diagnostic connector or install a stand alone coolant temperature gauge to carefully monitor your coolant temperatures. Experiment with covering different size portion the front of your AC condenser which will also reduce the available air to the surface on the radiator. Install a manual override on/off switch to your radiator fans so they will not activate during the time you are using defrost settings . To bad NOONE offers a real ECU access program you could change the operating low and high speed fan mapping. LOL

Maybe your best effort would be simply to take it to a MAZDA dealer and have their service department look into your problem at this point?
What do you mean " You cant compare your HONDA to your MAZDA?" What I can say is that in the same conditions and same situation my CX 5 won't melt ice like the Honda. Now, I do get they are both different, but the side front windows isn't melting a very small amount ice on my side windows after 45 minutes of driving and based on the angle of the vents I can see why. The heat isn't really hitting the glass. The rear seat or the back window isn't clearing at all.

Well here is one quick search on my part:
Go to the 9:20 mark. Keep in mine these guys have tested many different cars and they actually really like this car, but it seems like an issue on Mazda's part. Also for the record, I can create a list as long as my arm with good things I can say about this car. I really like this car. However, this isn't one of them.

Old 11-10-2020, 01:19 PM

well I won't talk about the video lol. Maybe you should just trade the MAZDA in or invest in rain-x and glass covers ?. ROLMAO
really dude and some talk about me at times .....

I am not sure now after re-reading this thread if you were looking to form a gripe group on this issue or to look for a solution? Either case it is obvious now more then ever a concern you should address with MAZDA!!!