Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Colors (White vs Deep Crystal Blue)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 04:52 PM
Default Colors (White vs Deep Crystal Blue)

Hi,
I know there've been discussion of CX-5 colors before, and I know that soul red is very popular. I like that but I think it's too flashy for my taste. I'm leaning toward white and deep crystal blue. I was surprised that white was more expensive than other colors (except red) but I think it really looks good on this model. As any other white car, it's too generic though.
What do you think? Do you have any pictures of these colors (especially deep blue) that you can share?

Old 09-29-2017, 06:10 PM

The white is a pearlescent paint and therefore is applied in three steps, same as the red. Hence the upcharge. Deep crystal blue is a two stage paint and a color you don't see everyday on a Mazda. I was looking at color choices on the Mazda 3 (which I may switch to next year) today and thinking that might be a good choice.

Old 10-07-2017, 02:02 PM

The white is great unless you do a lot of highway driving or live where there are lots of bugs. The white really stays cooler in warmer weather too.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:50 AM

I just picked up mine last week, Deep Crystal Blue with Parchment interior, beautiful combination.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by lincolnunit
I just picked up mine last week, Deep Crystal Blue with Parchment interior, beautiful combination.
Congrats! I prefer the parchment interior but I have a dog who likes to sit on the passenger side and he would ruin light color seats in a week.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by fexon
Congrats! I prefer the parchment interior but I have a dog who likes to sit on the passenger side and he would ruin light color seats in a week.
Thanks! Dealership treated it with some chemical to protect the leather, however I'd be more worried about the pups' nails scratching the leather =(