Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Coolant problems?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2024, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Kimblerulez
A brand new member, just register an hour ago. My first post, looking for guidance or help and a senior member greets me like this???
um not only am I senior member but you are not reading my advice as an ASE ( specifically and current ASE Master Automotive Technician for over 30+ years) with decades of experience. As well I also am qualified to do warranty service with a few auto manufactures including MAZDA.
And as you have not posted your service information which in your case would be helpful to see what actually happened all we have is a dissatisfied Mazda owner with their dealership?
If you don't like the answer, please don't disregard my responses in trying to help you
I will point out if this is your attitude and you did this dance at a dealership I can understand them not wanting to be more helpful!

BTW most ALL automotive forums are DIY and owners not professionals in the automotive business in any capacity. So sure you can find a member that will rally to your side but that does not mean the information is imperial, factual or anything but another member and a complaint unsupported by any information except their side of the story. Service documentation is the best place to get the real facts.?

As a long time member and know what the term HIJACKING A THREAD is defined as I posted as a polite gesture for the original topic of this thread and the OP that started this thread and based on how you are responding very defensively, suggested you start your own thread?

Maybe you might get a welcome to the forum from a member or 2 IDK? ha!

Last edited by Callisto; 05-27-2024 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2024, 10:15 PM
Smile

Hi Guys, yes im having the same problems with my 2014 cx5 diesel regarding the blowing of coolant back through the motor. I brought this car for my daughter earlier this year from a reputable used car dealership and have had it back to them 4 times now. The most recent fix they replaced the radiator nearly 8 weeks ago and everything was going fine until last night. overheated again and spewed coolant through the engine bay. I was hoping for some clarification regarding radiator caps
1, the reservoir was very full, way up past the full mark on the side of the reservoir, about 30mm from the top of the cap. radiator took 1 litre of coolant and could do with some more. this is the question i have. should you be able to blow through the hose from the reservoir back to the radiator unimpeded? if the cap is on you cannot do this but if you loosen the cap you can blow back into the radiator. I am reading a lot about dodgy radiator caps and was just eliminating possible causes. the service manager will come and get the car again tomorrow, poor bugger, and hopefully sort out the problem
The dealership has been extremely good about this but i feel if this doesn't get sorted this time I will have to go down the ugly road of a refund.
thanks guys any advice would be greatly appreciated

Old 07-29-2024, 06:17 PM

Just experiencing same issue. The car has 185.000km the turbo was replaced for a new one at 120.000 km for 50% of original part so 1700 euro in Germany.. and now this.. I have got gasses in coolant and it's bleeding water coolant all over the engine. The estimated repair cost at mazda is around

4000 euros :/ just for head gasket.

Old 07-29-2024, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cx52.2D
Just experiencing same issue. The car has 185.000km the turbo was replaced for a new one at 120.000 km for 50% of original part so 1700 euro in Germany.. and now this.. I have got gasses in coolant and it's bleeding water coolant all over the engine. The estimated repair cost at mazda is around

4000 euros :/ just for head gasket.
Yowza .