Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Cork Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 12:50 PM
Default Cork Sport Exhaust

Anyone installed a Cork Sport axle back exhaust on their CX-5?
I have an OEM trailer hitch and am wondering if the Cork Exhaust will fit with the trailer hitch.

Old 06-07-2022, 01:29 PM

What did CorkSport tell you?
Because of their warranty I suggest you contact them. Most aftermarket companies that offer CAT back system will void warranty if using with a hitch. The main reason is to many variations in hitches as well which type of Class you are intending to use.
Even shops that install hitches most will not install one with modified aftermarket exhaust system. And that goes the other way as well.

Just saying I would check from the source get the correct answer.

Old 06-07-2022, 04:50 PM

A non-answer from Cork Sport:
We have never tried, but customers have told us that they didn't have fitment issues with the hitch.
Just know you are assuming the risk in case any modification may need to be done.

Still waiting the hear from Borla

Old 06-07-2022, 04:54 PM

I also forgot to add that Racing Beat Exhaust for the CX-5 is compatible with the Mazda OEM trailer hitch (Mazda part number: 0000-8E-R01 thru R06).

Old 06-07-2022, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
I also forgot to add that Racing Beat Exhaust for the CX-5 is compatible with the Mazda OEM trailer hitch (Mazda part number: 0000-8E-R01 thru R06).
Yes and that is because the CAT back form all of those companies utilize factory pipe and can positioning which would facilitate a none fitment concern. But aftermarket hitch manufacturing companies do not always follow the same specification in their designs for their hitches.

I ran a RB muffler on my MAZDA and can tell you its a 15 minute install and copies all the OE mounting and almost the same space area as OE muffler.

Currently have a OBX but no hitch so cant answer if it would or would not be a clearance issue nor do I know if OBX would cover their warranty. I am going to say NO because of how it reads.

Cork-Sport will not comment mostly because they are Performance oriented with their products. Not many MAZDA Hot Rods with a trailer hitch. LOL

Old 06-08-2022, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Not many MAZDA Hot Rods with a trailer hitch. LOL
Good one...I had the OEM trailer hitch install to haul my boat which is a water "hot-rod".
I recently sold the boat, but I would prefer to leave the trailer hitch on as you never know...

Old 06-08-2022, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Good one...I had the OEM trailer hitch install to haul my boat which is a water "hot-rod".
I recently sold the boat, but I would prefer to leave the trailer hitch on as you never know...
If it had more than 2 seat it is questionable to be called a "water" HOT ROD
I use, sold and often recommend Draw-Tite or Reese trailer hitches for autos or Trucks and RV always Road Master.
As for a "water" Hot Rod you might say I am very well aware of what a true one is! My Brendella Flat Bottom I owned in the 80's had a Blown Injected Achol Small Block with a TH400 transmission.
The light blue Monte Carlo was my Tow car for both my boat and my S/G Camaro that I ran in NHRA 9.90 class. Btw that Monte Carlo would do solids low 12's in the 1/4 mile without Nitrous and mid 11's on the bottle. A QUICK TOW CAR! LOL

Oh one last thing they are parked out side in the front of my Performance Parts and equipment shop

Old 06-08-2022, 12:15 PM

Now that is a hot water rod.

Old 06-08-2022, 02:12 PM

This is the reply I got from Borla about using their exhaust with a trailer hitch:

"My apologies, but we don’t know. We never did any testing with hitch-equipped vehicles."

Old 06-08-2022, 03:21 PM

That sort of sucks? Looks like no one wants to commit to a "OK"!

Quick Reply: Cork Sport Exhaust