Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Cork Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 03:25 PM

Here is a thought you can carefully compare posted pictures of MAZDA with the hitch your using even yours and the different systems offered. You may be able to discern any possible clearance problems? I would more then happy to look at any pictures you gather together!

Old 06-09-2022, 06:38 AM

Good idea but being retired I have too much free time to do that
I was looking at axle back systems.
It doesn't seem that it should be that big a deal for the manufacturers to know if their product will fit a vehicles OEM trailer hitch.
It's not like I was asking about aftermarket trailer hitches of which there are many and they vary greatly.
If I choose to do the exhaust, I'll go with Racing Beat who said their system will fit.
For some weird reason I want to spend a bit of the money I just got for selling my boat (I sold it for $2K more than I purchased it for 5 years ago).

Old 06-09-2022, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Good idea but being retired I have too much free time to do that
I was looking at axle back systems.
It doesn't seem that it should be that big a deal for the manufacturers to know if their product will fit a vehicles OEM trailer hitch.
It's not like I was asking about aftermarket trailer hitches of which there are many and they vary greatly.
If I choose to do the exhaust, I'll go with Racing Beat who said their system will fit.
For some weird reason I want to spend a bit of the money I just got for selling my boat (I sold it for $2K more than I purchased it for 5 years ago).
Trailer hitches for the most part are an add on accessory . In the market they are less than 1% of 1% of 1% the total produced vechles purchesd that will have them instaled. So in the after market relating to replacement none specification OEM componets or systems I dobt any of them ever even give it a second thought to check that because thier sales will not be from those installing hitches for the obvious reason realting to performance upgrades and exhaust tones (noise) over a stock system..

If its any help I got the manufacturing specifications for a REESE and compared the mounting and all concerned area's and it would indicated that none of the system already mentioned would have a clearance issue using a hitch. I measure my stock muffler and positioning of the OBX and Racing Beat. I don't have a Cork sport but I do know Cork Sport using the same OE mounting location which indicate like the others fitment is the same. This is just paper and pencil computations and not empirical information by any means so don't hold me to it . But as I indicated my conclusion is you should not have any clearance issues at least with a Reese. BTW the REESE for your MAZDA is better build than the OE and overall all larger, so that would also "assume" the OEM would work fine as weLL.....in theory!

Thats about all I can say about this subject