Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

CX 5 2021 Carbon NEW TIRES ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 10:29 AM
Default CX 5 2021 Carbon NEW TIRES ?

Gentlemen,
After only 18,000 miles I am about to replace original tires. Getting very loud and almost 3 yrs old. I live in SW Florida, so mostly hot weather driving.
After researching reviews on Tire Rack and reading numerous posts on this forum , I have narrowed my choice down to either:
Pirelli Scorpion A/S +3 or Continental Cross Contact LX 25. These two seem pretty popular with CX 5 owners
I would appreciate all comments and opinions you have regarding the above tires or if there is a better choice I have overlooked.
Thank You
George M

Old 05-03-2023, 11:24 AM

My dealer put Kumho Crugen HP71 tires on my car before I bought it, and they are fantastic. I also previously had Goodyear Reliant tires from Walmart on my previous car and they were an awesome tire for the price, but they were a tad bit louder than OEM.

Old 05-03-2023, 12:02 PM

I recommend looking at the Yokohama YK-CTX as well. They are available at Discount Tire if you have them down there.

Old 05-03-2023, 01:30 PM

So far, I like my Pirelli Scorpion A/S + 3, ride and handle good, are quiet, and they worked fine this past winter.
I had the Continentals on my Honda CRV and I liked them as far as ride and handling.
Despite proper air pressure, I check it weekly, they wore very badly and were toast at less than 1/2 the mileage warranty.
My alignment was spot on as were the wheels, so they did comp them out for new ones, meaning I got 4 new tires for about $75 dollars including the install, but it was still a PITA.

Old 05-03-2023, 05:46 PM

Does the OP really need all season tires in Florida? If not he has more options.

Old 05-03-2023, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
Does the OP really need all season tires in Florida? If not he has more options.
Thank you. I will not ever be driving in winter snow conditions so I would definitely be interested in a so called " summer" tire. I guess I need to broaden my search for the right tire.
Again, all opinions and recommendations are welcome.

Old 05-03-2023, 11:16 PM

The issue with a summer tire is it may have shorter tread life. They are typically very sticky thus wear out faster. If this isn't an issue then for sure add them to the list.

Old 05-04-2023, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
I was simply offering my opinion between the two tires he mentioned in his original post.
Glad you pointed that out he may not need all season.
He can now refine his search, which he pointed out he is doing.

Old 05-04-2023, 12:55 PM
Default Summer tire

Originally Posted by george m44
Thank you. I will not ever be driving in winter snow conditions so I would definitely be interested in a so called " summer" tire. I guess I need to broaden my search for the right tire.
Again, all opinions and recommendations are welcome.
With your location and you will never see ice or snow ,a summer tire that is also good in the rain is what you want. You get a lot of rain in Florida and you don't want a tire that hydroplanes . Get on line to the Tire Rack and look at ratings and comparisons on summer tires that are good in the rain .They have some great info so you can pick what is best for your needs. Once you have done your research you can buy and get the tires installed by whoever has the best price and is the most convenient location for you .

Old 05-05-2023, 04:27 AM

I've had a good experience with the Conti Cross in an older Subaru Forester FWIW!

Quick Reply: CX 5 2021 Carbon NEW TIRES ?