Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

CX-5 6 year service

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 02:36 PM
Default CX-5 6 year service

Hi,
I have a 68 plate Mazda cx-5. I have now had it for a year and want to service it, the Mazda garage want to put it through its “6 yearly” service at £541.

can anyone shed light on this service, is it worth it? Should I just take it to a non-dealership service for a in depth service?

thanks

Old 03-07-2024, 03:11 PM

What is a "68 plate" CX-5? Not familiar with the term.

Old 03-07-2024, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by will
Hi,
I have a 68 plate Mazda cx-5. I have now had it for a year and want to service it, the Mazda garage want to put it through its “6 yearly” service at £541.

can anyone shed light on this service, is it worth it? Should I just take it to a non-dealership service for a in depth service?

thanks
Welcome to the forum

No one can tell you what that service includes because all independent service shop have their own idea what a high mileage service represents?

You would need to ask them to itemize what your will get and post it for us to see if the cost is worth it. otherwise, you are going to get dozens of answers from members that don't own a service shop on what they think it should include. LOL
In our shop we do a universal 100 point inspection but it also includes visual of many things NOT on the basic list. The cost is 1.5 hours labor but a flat rate charge is 150 USD of which if there is any service required, we deduct $50 of the service charge .

Old 03-07-2024, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
I wondered myself? lol
68 Plates – What are They? | Did You Know Cars

Old 03-07-2024, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
sorry, it means that it was made between September 2018 - March 2019

Old 03-07-2024, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Welcome to the forum

No one can tell you what that service includes because all independent service shop have their own idea what a high mileage service represents?

You would need to ask them to itemize what your will get and post it for us to see if the cost is worth it. otherwise, you are going to get dozens of answers from members that don't own a service shop on what they think it should include. LOL
In our shop we do a universal 100 point inspection but it also includes visual of many things NOT on the basic list. The cost is 1.5 hours labor but a flat rate charge is 150 USD of which if there is any service required, we deduct $50 of the service charge .

thanks for the reply. I’m just being told that there is a specific 6 yearly service.. it’s only done 60k miles. I’m just saying, does it need a specific service, or would a normal service be ok?

Old 03-07-2024, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by will
thanks for the reply. I’m just being told that there is a specific 6 yearly service.. it’s only done 60k miles. I’m just saying, does it need a specific service, or would a normal service be ok?
Sorry but this would depend on your local shops or MAZDA ,your service records on the maintenance that was done up to this point and overall, casually looking at everything.
There is I am pretty sure a WARRANTY Maintenace schedule that goes to 100k miles that you should talk to your Mazda dealer about.
Sorry as an independent Serice shop we don't have all the platforms high milage service recommendations and exact warranty information.

Old 03-08-2024, 09:42 AM

The owner's manual is a great place to start. It gives the recommended services per mileage/time.

Old 03-08-2024, 10:05 AM

The owner's manual is a great place to start. It gives the recommended services per mileage/time.
Funny you mention this. A well-known Auto magazine did a survey in the early 20"s asking randomly mailed survey 10k new vehicle owners if they read their owner's manual when they purchased their new vehicle. 6500 people responded to the multiple-choice answer ONLY WHEN I DIDN'T KNOW HOW SOMETHING WORKED. In the comment area why if you answered did not read your new vehicle manual an overwhelming number simply said it was to be complicated. A small amount stated it was to much reading and to much to remember. Some said they didn't need to because all vehicles are the same.
The other question on that survey was do you know what your warranty coverage is. 99% answered NO!

My point chickdr... I think you know!

Old 03-08-2024, 12:34 PM

Who knows, maybe his CX-5 didn't come with an OM... Easy to find on Google in any event.

Quick Reply: CX-5 6 year service