Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

CX-5 code p0101 and warning lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 08:48 AM
Default CX-5 code p0101 and warning lights

Hi,

I have a Mazda CX-5 2.2 diesel 2016
The car seems to work fine however I notice that 4 warning lights come on the vehicle (traction control/handbrake/smart brake and tyre pressure) when driving around 50mph and I either brake or slow down.
The vehicle then enters limp mode. When I turn off the engine and restart the warnings are gone.
I have looked at fault codes and P0101 has been thrown. I've cleaned the MAF sensor to no avail.
The car starts fine and seems to perform normal
Any ideas?

Old 05-05-2021, 11:48 AM
Cool

How old is your battery? I ask because multiple unrelated error codes are often thrown when the battery is failing. Have the battery load tested, not voltage checked. Some auto parts stores in the US will do it for free, not sure about the UK. Even relatively new batteries can fail the test.

Old 05-05-2021, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
How old is your battery? I ask because multiple unrelated error codes are often thrown when the battery is failing. Have the battery load tested, not voltage checked. Some auto parts stores in the US will do it for free, not sure about the UK. Even relatively new batteries can fail the test.
hi, thank you
I have had the car for 3 years , I assume the battery has been in since new. I will see what I can locate however everything else seems to work fine and the erro code seems to come on when in 4th gear cruising around 50mph. Very odd

Old 05-06-2021, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
I also notice that it only seems to come on when I press hard on the accelerator and then when I take off the gas and the revs drop is when it comes on

Old 05-06-2021, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

I have replaced a few faulty MAF sensors on CX-5's over the years. Not a cheap part but not bulletproof either.

Old 05-14-2021, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
I have replaced a few faulty MAF sensors on CX-5's over the years. Not a cheap part but not bulletproof either.
hi, I've replaced the sensor and it still came on crusing around 80kmh in 4th

Old 05-15-2021, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator
Old 11-25-2021, 03:35 PM

[QUOTE=James Oakton;194441]Hi,

The car seems to work fine however I notice that 4 warning lights come on the vehicle (traction control/handbrake/smart brake and tyre pressure) when driving around 50mph and I either brake or slow down.
The vehicle then enters limp mode. When I turn off the engine and restart the warnings are gone.
I have looked at fault codes and P0101 has been thrown. I've cleaned the MAF sensor to no avail.
Any ideas?

Hi please tell how you fix the problem run out off ideas same problem release gas and 4 fault turbo go limp mode show maf sensor but i change him & many more things but faults not hoge thanks

Old 11-25-2021, 03:37 PM
Default HiHi please tell how you fix the problem run out off ideas same problem release gas a

Originally Posted by James Oakton
Hi,

Any ideas?
Hi please tell how you fix the problem run out off ideas same problem release gas and 4 fault turbo go limp mode show maf sensor but i change him & many more things but faults not hoge thanks

Old 11-29-2021, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by James Oakton
Hi,

Any ideas?
Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this issue? I'm having the exact same issue and I'm reaching the end of my tether. I've checked for vacuum leaks, battery load, changed maf, exhaust pressure, and dpf pressure sensors. Cleaned the map sensor all to no avail. If you have any info I would be so grateful.

Kind regards,

Andy

Quick Reply: CX-5 code p0101 and warning lights