Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

CX-5 heater core issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ed92626
Never before have I seen so many dupes/shills on one website. You're responses are perfect for Social Media: insulting and born of ignorance. E.G., "Driving around 10 miles a day with an occasional longer trip is not good for any daily driver vehicle." That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Well you just summed up your knowledge. You are living in the past. The worst thing you can do to any OBDII with a CAT and especially with newer engines like the MAZDA Skyactiv is exactly that... driving around less then 10 miles a day constantly. I am sure your exhaust system is loving you not to mention the carbon that is surely forming in the combustion chambers.
At this point you seem to just want to argue instead of letting it go? Face it you are coming of age that vehicles are not common as you once knew for how to work on them and how to properly diagnose problems?

The fact that you don't seem to understand engine cycling is what I see with some of your posted information on this thread.
Why not start your own thread at this point instead of arguing and muddying up this one further if you want to continue this line of responding?

Old 06-26-2024, 03:35 PM

It also seems that you're incapable of reading: Ten miles a day with occasional longer trips.

Driving a car around ten miles per day is fine, as long as you take it out occasionally, longer. You're fine if you drive that car longer a couple of times per month. Driving around twenty miles or so gets the engine and exhaust warm enough to vent built-up moisture from the engine oil and exhaust systems and blowing out built-up carbon deposits from the combustion cycle. It also gets the drivetrain, suspension, steering, and body mounts exercised, which works to lubricate them and keep them free from corrosion.

I also informed you that I currently work on GT4 racecars: Porsche, Audi, and Aston-Martin. My knowledge of cars and ability to keep them competitive in performance conditions would seem to negate your opinion. But then, you'd have to read before you write.

Again, it appears that you're shills, possibly paid by Mazda to fend off any negative opinions voiced on this site... I also get paid to help people with questions at one car related site and I do this free for a couple of others.

Old 06-26-2024, 04:31 PM

It also seems that you're incapable of reading: Ten miles a day with occasional longer trips.

Driving a car around ten miles per day is fine, as long as you take it out occasionally, longer. You're fine if you drive that car longer a couple of times per month. Driving around twenty miles or so gets the engine and exhaust warm enough to vent built-up moisture from the engine oil and exhaust systems and blowing out built-up carbon deposits from the combustion cycle. It also gets the drivetrain, suspension, steering, and body mounts exercised, which works to lubricate them and keep them free from corrosion.

I also informed you that I currently work on GT4 racecars: Porsche, Audi, and Aston-Martin. My knowledge of cars and ability to keep them competitive in performance conditions would seem to negate your opinion. But then, you'd have to read before you write.

Again, it appears that you're shills, possibly paid by Mazda to fend off any negative opinions voiced on this site... I also get paid to help people with questions at one car related site and I do this free for a couple of others.
WRONG.... now you are just showing that you are a MYTH supporter and believer? rolmao
Again, you are posting information that is at least older then 1995. Why you ask well if you can answer that then you will renew a little faith that you may actually know something about working on some newer generation of vehicles?
You do realize most newer gasoline Mazda's are now *DI engine? (* as well many model and other brands of vehicles for several years now)
As for your term "EXCERSING" the chassis and suspension. wow LOL Got to wonder all those vehicles that can sit up to 2 years on a new car sales lot they must be really "fricked" up according your way of thinking?

Dude you are so funny at this point and sounding like a really old guy that is feeling a bit lost in the new world of vehicles. You cannot stay informed unless you actually take certification examine and study every 3 years. You say you work on all those vehicles well you mentioned a few I did as well. But I can read, and I can read when anyone truly has skill based on an education and not self-taught. That type of learning went away when emission systems started to flood an engine bay. Then electronic ignition followed by computers (ECU, PCM',CM etc) controlling ignition to now what we have.

And why are you still arguing this and on this thread? LOL
Maybe it would help if you popped over to this thread and posted in it? You never know if you have been around the Performance industry in any capacity we may have crossed paths at some point? I already mentioned SS and you said nothing?
What do you do or have done for a living - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Old 06-26-2024, 04:39 PM

would seem to negate your opinion. But then, you'd have to read before you write.

This is the most funny of all.
I can count on one hand in my life the number of Mazda's I have owned. I have own twice as many Porsches to give a reference to what you work on.

Just an FYI, first I am going to report this thread, mostly the reason you cant seem to get back on this thread's topic. Next maybe in the future when you join a forum don't attack senior members or at least try to go a research there past responses to see what information knowledge and other forum supportive information you can learn.
Next STOP trashing another members thread and go way off topic. Some of us do get carried away at times but then we have been around for so many years and thousands of responses we tend to get away with a little more then a brand new members.
If you are so upset at responses then you know what you can do, no one is twisting your arm to stay. Although I think if you Kool your jets we may all get to know you a little better and you may yet fit in. Otherwise expect these kind of responses !