Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Cx5 rated poor

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by diehard888
Well the " OP" seems to see it as a full deal breaker- a bit extreme in my opinion-- New cars have issues - but unless its a major lemon law type inconvenience - best give the Mfgr the opportuity to fix it - Mazda has had excellent reliability-.................................................. ...........................

No car is perfect ,

since humans build em- and the humans at Mazda seem to be paying attention .....but as one other person noted its a good opportunity to do the right thing -Op never mentioned the CVt - I did - so its merely one of the big differences between Mazdas and thier competitors, that most people are not aware of - I say " most " based on my personal experience asking people if they knew the difference .
it is really mostly automated now But I understand the concept...of humans build them.

The CVT gets a bad rap, mostly on the internet. They are not as bad as the internet portrays them. But they do need to have the basic fluid service done regularly and not as the service scheduling recommends. Just like Mazda. The transmission fluid service scheduling is ridicules.

Old 12-17-2022, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto

<snip>

As for vehicle safety the first that should be revised is getting a driver's license making much more difficult to pass the actual driving portion of the test. As I often ask, honestly without looking do you even know the 60-0 MPH stopping distance which is calculated on a perfect day and flat dry tarmac one person in the car and who knows how much fuel in the tank? LOL
Indeed! But that would be bad for business!

Old 12-17-2022, 10:57 AM

I bought my 2023 Mazda cx5 Carbon edition because after extensive research it was the best overall vehicle for my needs and best Bang for the buck . And i still believe that. Other than not being able to get the Bose audio system in the model I wanted ,I'm happy with the vehicle . Still I do wish that knowing the safety issue with the rear seat belt Mazda would address/fix it . If I pissed off any Mazda fan boys ,that was not my intension and I am in fact pretty happy with the CX5 overall .

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 12-17-2022 at 11:00 AM.
Old 12-17-2022, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
I bought my 2023 Mazda cx5 Carbon edition because after extensive research it was the best overall vehicle for my needs and best Bang for the buck . And i still believe that. Other than not being able to get the Bose audio system in the model I wanted ,I'm happy with the vehicle . Still I do wish that knowing the safety issue with the rear seat belt Mazda would address/fix it . If I pissed off any Mazda fan boys ,that was not my intension and I am in fact pretty happy with the CX5 overall .
I know most of the members that responded on this thread and IMHO dont think you upset anyone. However I can tell you on a forum you dont use the term "FANBOYS" to described members, now that my fellow forum member is offensive to many people! Just an FYI.

I only own 1 MAZDA at this time and the last Mazda I owned was decades ago. I bought it because it fit my criterion and NO, I never looked at the stats. I had 3 cars to consider and all 3 were based from having driving them a few thousand miles each on weekend road trips that took me through Rain, snow and adverse road conditions. My choice was the MAZDA. All the features I did not like I have already upgraded or changed to tailor to my needs and requirements to have a reliable and SAFE Dailey driver. Would I buy another new Mazda. NOPE!! At least not now? And that is only because it would take to much work with the computers and on-board electronics to convert them or make them suited for my driving style. Its bad enough that if I track my MAZDA, I have to mount the ECU upside down to cancel some features that prevent me from faster cornering speeds on a Road Track.

Old 12-20-2022, 10:58 AM
Old 12-26-2022, 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=Callisto;210630]I know most of the members that responded on this thread and IMHO dont think you upset anyone. However I can tell you on a forum you dont use the term "FANBOYS" to described members, now that my fellow forum member is offensive to many people! Just an FYI."
.....ok, how about calling them LADYBOYS ? LOL
WOuldn't that be fun.

Old 12-26-2022, 08:10 AM

Ya you would be surprised that most vechicles are no longer physically wind tunnel tested. As for structural reenforcing I bought we will must of this for another decade or not at all. Its not practical for a line production vehicle. Can you imagine a daily driver with a 12-16 point roll bar and cage system ?

It funny as well when you look at ALL seat belts there is a date on them when they were manufactured. Now here is the thing many regulation like NASCAR and NHRA do not allow the use of any seat belt that is date coded over X=current regulation 2--5 years, because the integrity of the belt diminishes with age. Think about that the next time you buckle up in your ride that is over 7 years old with that coffee stained OEM seat belt ... LOL

I also removed my center steering wheel emblem. I mean REALLY who wants to get hitting the face with a chrome plated and hot glued decorative emblem between the eyes ?

What is very interesting is Mazda no longer has the date code information easily seen on the production tag. You need to pull the pillar cover and get to belt recoil pack to see the date code information now. LOL

well its better than getting a Mazda logo tattooed on your face. Think about it. This is environmentally friendly. LOL

Old 12-26-2022, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mazdagus
well its better than getting a Mazda logo tattooed on your face. Think about it. This is environmentally friendly. LOL
LOL, maybe?

I went to a lot of effort removing all the emblems and stickers, welding up holes in trunk lid where emblems were, covering up anything that had identifying make of Mazda. At this point until I install my very modified engine cover that is the only thing remaining that identifies my Mazda as such!

Old 12-26-2022, 01:31 PM
Default Nice looking cover

LOL, maybe?

I went to a lot of effort removing all the emblems and stickers, welding up holes in trunk lid where emblems were, covering up anything that had identifying make of Mazda. At this point until I install my very modified engine cover that is the only thing remaining that identifies my Mazda as such!
Nice looking cover.

Old 12-26-2022, 07:05 PM

Auto manufactures DONT jump at every defective or issue on a vehicle. until it is absolutely necessary.

History over the last 4 or 5 decades can prove this!

I have to agree here except for one point. It's more like 60+ years. The original Corvair had a problem with the rear suspension that caused them to flip. The most notorious one was the Ford Pinto. Ford was selling them left and right. Until they started blowing up when hit from behind. Hence the jokes about "Chariots of Fire" The fix was a $1 dollar grommet on the fuel tank.

Once the Corvair got the suspension fixed, it was a decent car, not great, but decent. Fords quit blowing up with the cheap fix. The bean counters look at just numbers. Save that dollaron a million cars and do it every year and you run up some major buck. The settlements cost more, but bean counters don't look down the road.